• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glock Jam...trading it in for an xdm

This is a discussion on Glock Jam...trading it in for an xdm within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Still don't know if it's a Gen4 or not We all know they had some spring issues from the jump but it seems they have ...

Old 01-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #21
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 35615
Still don't know if it's a Gen4 or not We all know they had some spring issues from the jump but it seems they have been remedied with a new recoil spring/rod.

Dont jump ship too quick as you have "THE" glock to own. I really want a Gen4 19 most of all Glock product... Well, maybe not more than a 36 but close. Great pistols.

The M is a fantastic looking weapon with a great track record but I haven't shot one myself only fondled. You wouldn't be bad off having one of those over the Glock but you will be taking a loss by dumping the 19 so soon after purchase. Good luck. Hope it all works out for you.

- George Washington
XD-Generate is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #22
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichna View Post
I'm sorry guys, but we have a brand new member, first post, knocking an essentially brand new Glock that jams (for who knows what reason!) in favor of an XD... on an XD forum no less... seems rather trollish to me... trollish in the sense of trying to get anti-Glock fanboys to post Glock-hate. Something doesn't smell quite right.

He might well have experienced a jam with his first XD; no reason to jump ship! My wager still stands!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #23
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 48492
I had a G36 that started almost immediately having fits, stovepipe after stovepipe. I thought it was me at first so I had others shoot it, including the local range Glock expert who said he could shoot it without issue...well, except that in his first 12 rounds, he had 3 stovepipes lol. I finally got rid of it but not without trying at least. I got rid of my Kimber after 2000 rounds as well, it lasted longer but it to had issues, even with replaced parts. I would try at least. Majority of Glocks are going to be solid guns.
-HK VP9/Walther PPX/C39 AK47
-Sig P220/226x2/227/M11A1D/1911/M400/556xi
bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #24
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 50458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Probably Rem UMC. That junk will jam any 9mm Glock.

FWIW the two worst individual pistols I have ever seen was a Glock and a Kimber. The Glock was a monday gun made by some total novice. You name it, it had that kind of failure with any brand and kind of ammo no matter who shot it. Kimber was the same story. Only difference was the Kimber costed $1,000.00 more and after 3 trips back to the factory they informed the owner he was the problem. Glock replaced the pistol. Hint hint if it truely is a pistol issue. Just sayin........

Yeah but the XDM 9 and XDM 40 eats them like candy and asks for more.

My name is Jim, but most people call me ......... Jim.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
jimdanos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #25
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 43658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdanos View Post
Yeah but the XDM 9 and XDM 40 eats them like candy and asks for more.

THats why I love my XD9. It eats anything you put in the magazine. I am a Glock guy first. They hate weak ammo though. No need to ignore the facts.

I have yet to run across anything my XD9 will not eat. I actually buy UMC now because I KNOW my XD9 will eat em up..
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #26
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
I have two Gen 2 Glocks (17 and 22) that have never jammed....ever.

Owned both since the early 90s and don't treat them very nice, either. rarely cleaned and/or lubed.....mags stay loaded for many months or years. Still...not even a hiccup out of either one.

Both eat everything I throw in them: cheap steel cased Wolf and even the hot IMI Uzi 9mm surplus Izzy stuff in the G17. That stuff will beat an alloy framed 9mm to junk in a hurry. Whatever is cheapest in 9 and 40 get run through these guns by the box or case.

You guys have some bad luck...because I just cannot get my Glocks to malfunction in many years. No signs of the G22 going "k-boom" either - another internet phenomenon that the "experts" swear should have happened to me by now.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #27
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43899
There's no such thing as a gun that doesn't "jam."

Post those pics over on Glocktalk and tell them youre buying an XDm and watch the sparks fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Ocean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #28
XDTalk Member

Member #: 30944
Quote:
They hate weak ammo though. No need to ignore the facts.
I've yet to find any ammo that gives me problems in my Glocks. Remington UMC, S&B, Brown Bear....it all goes bang and feeds & extras fine. I guess like anything manufactured, they all will exhibit some variability.
MODiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #29
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 9014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
Is that a Gen 4 Glock?

If he's not trolling, I was thinking the same thing. IF it is a legit problem, then just contact Glock and they will send you the lighter spring to use.

In a nutshell,
The issue that needs to be corrected is that Glock shipped the same spring in the 9mm glocks as the .40's so in the 9mm's they may not shoot every type of ammo, specifically the lighter loads. They have I believe corrected this and the newer gen4 glocks are shipping with a lighter spring.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48458
Glock

I recently traded my G23 3rd gen for CZ 75.

I think they are fine pistols but Glocks just don't fit me. I did have some feeding issues with mine though. It was within the first 250 rounds so it's not unexpected. I trusted it enough that I used it as my main carry pistol for the first couple years I had my CC.

I have thought about checking out one of the Gen 4's. Thinking the backstrap might help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

9mm, glock, jam, xdm

Search tags for this page
do glocks really jams
flicks jamming
girls with glocks
glock 27 right to bear arms

glock jam

glock jamming

glock jamming issues

glocks jam
new glock jams
remington umc 9mm jamming in glock 17
troll imi
trollish
trollish avatars
why do glocks jam
xd9 glock
xdforum
Click on a term to search for related topics.