• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sig P238 or Ruger LC9 - What would you do?

This is a discussion on Sig P238 or Ruger LC9 - What would you do? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Thanks for the input to all. The main point I'm getting thus far is I need to decide if what I want is a pocket ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Sig P238 or Ruger LC9 - What would you do?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48682
Thanks for the input to all.

The main point I'm getting thus far is I need to decide if what I want is a pocket or a carry pistol.

I REALLY like the looks of the P238, looking all mini 1911 (even though it's not).

The LCP is still an option with grip extensions, and I guess I'll just have to do some more research on some of the other options that have been mentioned.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

- XDm 3.8 9mm Black on Black
- Ruger LCP Satin Chrome Slide /w CT Laser

"The theory that people with malice will be intimidated into good conduct if people without malice are punished in lieu of them is idiocy at its finest"- Gary Marbut , Montana Shooting Sports Association

- TX CHL class taken 15Jan11
- Application submitted 16Jan11

Scott_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 34749
I have the LC9 on order from my local shop.

It will be the first one he gets in, and I volunteered to be a test subject.

Means I get to take it home, and then give it to them for a little while to test and shoot.

I get a great price out of the deal!!!

Jerry
js415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45709
I own the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380, great pocket gun with laser, all for around $350.00.
450 rounds later not one problem to report and I carry this little gun every day. Have all the goodies of the full size gun in a very small package
island18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by island18 View Post
I own the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380, great pocket gun with laser, all for around $350.00.
450 rounds later not one problem to report and I carry this little gun every day. Have all the goodies of the full size gun in a very small package
I just handled one of these today for the first time. It's a nice little gun, but the laser if really difficult to turn on and off... At least on the one I played with. Other than that, it's a pretty sweet little rig. I might get one for pocket carry myself.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.
Hooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
XDTalk Member

After some much research, the CHL class I just took, and knowing my body type (ROUND), I've decided I want to pocket carry once my license arrives.

So now I'm considering a Ruger LCP w/ CT laser or a Kahr PM380, and adding a laser.

While pricing isn't that big of a deal, and reading what others are saying about the LCP being hard on the hands, I guess I need to go shoot both of them.

"The theory that people with malice will be intimidated into good conduct if people without malice are punished in lieu of them is idiocy at its finest"- Gary Marbut , Montana Shooting Sports Association

Old 01-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_R View Post
After some much research, the CHL class I just took, and knowing my body type (ROUND), I've decided I want to pocket carry once my license arrives.

So now I'm considering a Ruger LCP w/ CT laser or a Kahr PM380, and adding a laser.

While pricing isn't that big of a deal, and reading what others are saying about the LCP being hard on the hands, I guess I need to go shoot both of them.
FWIW, i have the p238 and it is pocketable.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49431
I've been wanting a P238 for a while now...
mattwestm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #18
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 39205
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCamXD View Post
I have a friend who has the 709 also. Very nice gun for 400 bucks. Nice feel for a single stack 9mm.
Cabela's flyer that is out now has the Taurus 709 on sale for $349.99 from 20 to 31 Jan. Good deal, but only what they call "Cabela's exclusive" which is OD green frame, stainless slide. I'd prefer stainless on top of black. But for anyone who likes green OD could be a great deal.
other forums I like: rugerforum.net canadiangunnutz.com
XD9 service and XDs45, a few other brands around here someplace (wink)
CdnInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #19
XDTalk Member

Went to the gun store yesterday and "tried on" both the LCP and several others.

While they didn't have the Kahr P380, I found out I can get the PM9 in my pocket pretty easily, however, it is HEAVY. The LCP just disappears in the pocket and is very light.

It appears to me that weight is going to be an issue in my selection, because I REALLY like the Sig P238 for looks, but when it comes time to put the money down, I'm thinking that among the many, many considerations, weight is pretty high on my list.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
XDTalk Member

Member #: 44208
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATSPEED7X View Post
Have you considered the Ruger SR9C? Great gun! Sub-compact/compact design. I'm a small guy (5'7" 125lb), and with a IWB holster you can't tell it's on my person.

isnt the xd compact 3.8 basically is Springfields version.... i have put them side by side and they are virtually the same size, with and without the extended mags.
I personally would get the springfield version over ruger .. due to the fact i have had NO problems with my either one of my XD ,,,,,, JMHO
NAA 22 mini mag w/folding grip
Dr. J is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

lc9, lcp, p238, ruger

Search tags for this page
lc380 vs p238
lc9 vs p238
p238 too small?
p238 vs lc9
ruger lc380 vs sig p238
ruger lc9 vs sig

ruger lc9 vs sig p238

ruger lc9 vs sig p238 review
ruger lc9 vs sig sauer p238
ruger lcd 380
sig p238 vs lc9
sig p238 vs ruger lc380
sig p238 vs ruger lc9
sig sauer .380 vs ruger lcp
sig sauer p238 vs lc9
Click on a term to search for related topics.