• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Shot a Hi-Point C-9 today.

This is a discussion on Shot a Hi-Point C-9 today. within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; A friend of mine brought over a Hi-Point C9 today. I can't say I was impressed, but it seemed OK for a $150 gun. I ...

Old 10-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 30019
Arrow Shot a Hi-Point C-9 today.

A friend of mine brought over a Hi-Point C9 today. I can't say I was impressed, but it seemed OK for a $150 gun. I put 2 mags through it, no jams for me, but it jammed on him a couple times. I think his thumb was rubbing the slide though. Shoots accurately enough, but the trigger kinda sux. It's also ugly, and has a heavy slide. Wish he brought more ammo, I would have liked to see how many mags it would fire jam free for me. I pointed out his thumb was on the slide, and it didn't jam for that mag after that. I let him shoot a couple mags through the XD, and he liked it. He put his thumb on the slide lock though, and the slide locked back on him a couple times. Need to break his high thumb habit.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." Adolph Hitler
I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Deer Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 27854
They are only good for about 4 full mags. You probably wore it out before he got a chance to shoot it. Darn!
rayikeo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 49205
I had a hi point. Traded it for my tactical xd. Can't wait for it!
PHATSPEED7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 9024
I don't have a C-9, though my friend has one, and I have shot it a lot. It has always been great. Once he installed a new version firing pin and spring (he had one of the first versions), it has been flawless. Recoil is higher than most other 9mm guns, due to the heavy slide and blowback design, but it has always been reliable, reasonably accurate, and a pleasure to shoot.

I don't own one, and since I am a Glock man, I do not intend on buying one. But if I had one, and it has proven reliable to me, I would not hesistate to use it for defense purposes. That being said, I would upgrade to a Glock/XD/M&P as soon as possible, given the opportunity.

I just don't like having to use a punch to field (is this really something suitable for in the field? Probably not.) strip the firearm.

The one thing that bothers me is how people say, in response to their amazing customer service, is that it's "because they need it". Springfield Armory has similar customer service, and are obviously not talked down about here. So using good customer service as a negative really doesn't work, from an argumentative perspective.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 11929
Hi Points are the most unfairly maligned guns out there. They are cheap, they are ugly, but for someone who can't afford a "name" gun, Hi Points are great nightstand guns. They are generally reliable, decently accurate guns.
FATSEXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 49087
Best thing about hi points is that they are so heavy you can use them as an effective club if you have to.
Ruger Vaquero stainless in .45 Colt.
Browning buckmark stainless with fiber optic sights and ultra grip.
H&K USP .45 Compact.
Savage .270 with composite stock and leupold scope.
DPMS Sportacle in .308 with osprey illuminated scope.
Rossi .44 mag lever action.
Weatherby tactical 12ga with peep sight and fiber optic front sight.
Savage 16ga single shot.
Springfield stainless 1911 GI converted to a .460 Rowland.
Nephalem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 49694
Hi Point .380 was the the first HP I owned(same frame as the C-9), and the 3rd handgun in general that I bought.. Never had a FTF/FTE with it, and it was pretty accurate. I actually ended up buying the .40 and the .45, and also the 9mm carbine. They're cheap, and heavy, and really ugly, BUT none of them ever gave me any problems.. I've since sold them all and upgraded my company, but I think Hi Points are a great budget gun. Money is tight for alot of folks these days, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have some protection
Taurus Judge Public Defender - stainless
P22 3.5" w/ laser & sup. adapter - OD/black
Rem 870 Tactical - Knoxx, Mesa Tac, Surefire
Mossy 500 Persuader
Ruger 10/22 w/ syn. stock
A few AR's w/ misc. toys
A few AK's - Draco, AMD folder, and a 74
MrClean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
I have never seen one up close.

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47175
Had a C-9 that, while reasonably accurate, would not consistanly perform. FTF's, FTL's, FTE's way too many time for me to put any faith in it as even a nightstand gun. Even after replacing the firing pin and springs. Not something I would ever bet my life on, nor for me, was it even a fun range gun.

However, I do have a Hi Point 995TS carbine that I absolutely love. Shooting it is one of the most fun things you can do...with your cloths on! LOL

And their customer service is beyond believable.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson
Vidego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 97242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
A friend of mine brought over a Hi-Point C9 today. I can't say I was impressed, but it seemed OK for a $150 gun. I put 2 mags through it, no jams for me, but it jammed on him a couple times. I think his thumb was rubbing the slide though. Shoots accurately enough, but the trigger kinda sux. It's also ugly, and has a heavy slide. Wish he brought more ammo, I would have liked to see how many mags it would fire jam free for me. I pointed out his thumb was on the slide, and it didn't jam for that mag after that. I let him shoot a couple mags through the XD, and he liked it. He put his thumb on the slide lock though, and the slide locked back on him a couple times. Need to break his high thumb habit.
Hi my first post as a member ! I have a High Point c9 and also an XD sub 9. 2,000 plus rounds thru the HP and zero problems . Only 1,200 truth the XD but zero problems. HP' are in expensive but good shooters . I believe the fixed barel really helps as they are pretty darn accurate. At their price point they are a steal for people who cannot affords to buy a more expensive handgun. They are more than adequate for home defense but too bulky to carry and only weight a tad more than an XD 3.8. I like both my XD and HP !
Buttels is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
hi point 9mm ftl
hi point 9mm modifications
hi point 9mm mods
hi point 9mm trigger
hi point c9
hi point c9 firing pin spring

hi point c9 magazine

hi point c9 modifications

hi point c9 mods

hi point mods
hi point pistol mods
hi-point c9 modifications
hipoint 9 firing pin jam
hipoint night sights
mods for hi point c9
night sights for hi point c9
Click on a term to search for related topics.