• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SIG 238 not repaired by manufacturer, what next?

This is a discussion on SIG 238 not repaired by manufacturer, what next? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Hmm... how many rounds do you have through it and do you know when it was manufactured? Mine was May 2010....

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » SIG 238 not repaired by manufacturer, what next?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #21
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35117
Hmm... how many rounds do you have through it and do you know when it was manufactured? Mine was May 2010.
gnwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #22
SRD
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13092
You should not have those issues. If you need a 380 with real sights get s Kahr p380 i have not had any issues with mine even when limp wristing to test it. The sig is a pricey gun it should not have problems.

-------------------------------------------------
Since my list was to long last time ill only put my favorite pistols

HKP7
CZ82
Browning Hi power
FN Hi power
Sig p232
Sig p220 Elite SS
NAA 22PUG
XD45
G19
G29
Norinco Ak47
FN PS90 SBR
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #23
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 17292
There is gonna be a Sig P238 for sale in the classified section soon!!

Guess u shoulda went Glock!! J/k

Good luck, hope Sig takes care of you, that is to nice of a Pistol to not function correctly!!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #24
SRD
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13092
Yes because glock makes micro pistols. Look at the nice single stack 9mm and 380s they make?

-------------------------------------------------
Since my list was to long last time ill only put my favorite pistols

HKP7
CZ82
Browning Hi power
FN Hi power
Sig p232
Sig p220 Elite SS
NAA 22PUG
XD45
G19
G29
Norinco Ak47
FN PS90 SBR
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #25
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 15395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock & Awe View Post
I do think that this gun should run right out of the box and all these extra fixes should not have to be done by the customer. I just love this little thing and I knew what I was getting into before my purchase. This gun actually has real sights and makes this thing extremely accurate unlike the lcp which is a nice firearm. I just want to know that I'm going to hit my target every time no matter if its 1 yrd or 25yrds. Very few can say that about a lcp.
With a little effort, I can keep 50 rounds on an 8in target at 15 yards and I am definitely no grand master. Plenty accurate for a pocket pistol I would say.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ!
SpringerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #26
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27262
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnwelch View Post
Hmm... how many rounds do you have through it and do you know when it was manufactured? Mine was May 2010.
The hardcase has a date of Sept 2010. How do you find out when it was manufactured? I have 200 rounds through it and plan to go to the range this weekend if I can pick up some more 380.
Billsimswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #27
XDTalk Member

Member #: 41835
I want a Sig :\

(subscribed)
ohfivegsxr750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #28
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 18957
The P238 was designed after the Colt Mustang and of course will have similar issues. Since the introduction of the P238 though, Sig has changed the mag design a few times with the newest slope/dimple follower being the best and the recoil spring to a stiffer type. I called Sig and they sent me 3 free updated recoil springs and a free mag with the latest follower!

My P238 came with the newest mag but has still performed flawlessly with the older recoil springs which I originally got a 3 pack of them as well from Sig for free. I'm going to change them out at every range session until I get to the newest type. Call them and tell them you have the older recoil spring and magazine and you may get what you need free in the mail.
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:05 AM   #29
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 20418
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtprevatte View Post
Yes, the Sig has real sights and the LCP does not. BUT, I can say that my LCP is VERY accurate, I was very surprised when I got it.

The only major plus that the Sig has going for it is the weight of the gun which reduces the recoil....yet, on the other hand, is a drawback against the LCP.

Been down both the Sig and the LCP road.....still have the LCP.

+1
My LCP is plenty accurate for a pocket pistol.
And I've yet to have a malfunction of ANY kind in almost 3 years of owning it..
I also know where every shot is going when the trigger is pulled..
Thanks CTC...
Iron sights aren't that big of a requirement for a pocket pistol designed to be shot at 3 to 10 yards or less.

No pocket 380 is expected to give you 2 inch groups at 25 yards Shock & Awe...

I thought about getting a P238, but after reading many of the experiences on this and other forums, I decided the LCP fits my pocket pistol needs perfectly..

I even tried the PM9, but it was too heavy, thick, and big..

I still have the LCP and carry it almost daily..

"Scheiße nicht gegeben"......Deer Slayer
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:25 AM   #30
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14903
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnwelch View Post
I have sent my SIG P238 back to SIG for repairs twice now and it still is not working properly, however, after the last trip they say that it was tested and functioned flawlessly.

After buying the gun, I took it home and cleaned it prior to taking it to the range. When I took it to the range, I ran about 120 rounds of Federal FMJ through it and out of that, had about 15 or so failure to ejects. In some cases, this is in form of a stove pipe, parallel feed jam where the spent shell isn't ejected, or a problem where the spent brass is caught up in the chamber. These jams seem to have no pattern whatsoever as to when they occur. I contacted customer service and sent it in for repairs. After about 2.5 weeks I received it back from SIG with a note saying that they upgraded the extractor and test fired the gun with no failures.

Next trip to the range, again with Federal FMJ... ran about 100 more rounds through it and had about 8 of the same types of jams. Now getting frustrated, I took it home, cleaned it and decided to give it another try. I headed back out to the range again a little later that week and again experienced the same problems. I called SIG once again and sent it back once again.

This time, they send the gun back to me saying they tested it and they were not able to replicate the problem. Absolutely livid at this point, I go to the range with my fiance and a video camera and had her video me shooting with close ups of the jams… AFTER it came back from SIG with no problems. Out of about 80-100 more rounds, 4 or 5 jams on video.

I have been shooting handguns for about 4-5 years or so and am familiar with proper techniques, grip, stance etc. This is NOT a limp wristing issue. I love the gun but I can't trust it to work and at this point I am downright mad that I made the decision to buy this gun over an LCP, which was the runner up. If I could do it over I would go with an LCP.

Does anybody here have any recommendations for what to do next? I have thought about burning the video of the range trip to a CD and sending it back to SIG with the gun as proof. Nevertheless, they can still pull the same crap saying that they “tested” it and it works fine, regardless of what I’m experiencing. Is it unrealistic to believe there is a possibility of getting it exchanged with SIG?
Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Pictures of JAMS:
Imageshack - 062410143000.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user
Imageshack - 062410142701.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user
Imageshack - 062410142700.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user
Most common jam:
Imageshack - 062410142401.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user
Imageshack - 062410142400.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user
Imageshack - img5201b.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user
Looks like limp wristing to me. Its not just you. These little guns require you to be a very firm platform which is part of the reason I don't care for small autos. I won't go smaller than a Glock 26 myself. If you need a smaller pistol I go with a 5 shot airweight from Smith. The gun and you may not get a long. I would not trust it.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA A 56876 B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

238, p238, sig, sig 238, sig p238

Search tags for this page
238 ejection problems
p238 extractor problem
p238 fte
sig 238 jams
sig p238 ejector fix
sig p238 extraction problems
sig p238 extractor problems
sig p238 fte
sig p238 jamming problem
sig p238 manufacture date
sig p238 stovepipe
sig sauer p238 ejector fix
sig sauer p238 extractor problem
sig sauer p238 fte
sig sauer stove piping

sig238

Click on a term to search for related topics.