• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SIG 238 not repaired by manufacturer, what next?

This is a discussion on SIG 238 not repaired by manufacturer, what next? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Sorry to hear about your problems I just bought one and have had a few issues but they were all with the colt mustang mags. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » SIG 238 not repaired by manufacturer, what next?

Old 10-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25109
Sorry to hear about your problems I just bought one and have had a few issues but they were all with the colt mustang mags. No issues with 3rd generation sig mags. Don't give up on this great gun. I still need to get all the bugs out of mine but very close.
1 Make sure you have 3rd generation sig mags.
2 Tryout the 12lb wolfe spring thats made for the colt
3 Polish the feed ramp

Also heard from other 238 owners that the extracters can be an issue. To test this take out your recoil spring and barrell then slide a bullet against the firing pin hole inside the extracter. If it stays in place your good. If it falls out you need a new one.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Shock & Awe; 10-10-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Shock & Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

I do think that this gun should run right out of the box and all these extra fixes should not have to be done by the customer. I just love this little thing and I knew what I was getting into before my purchase. This gun actually has real sights and makes this thing extremely accurate unlike the lcp which is a nice firearm. I just want to know that I'm going to hit my target every time no matter if its 1 yrd or 25yrds. Very few can say that about a lcp.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35117
I appreciate the recommendations! When I tried the test on the extractor, it held on with no problem so it's most likely not that.

I was aware that there are 3 different versions of the magazine but I'm not sure which is which. I know that some people have been reporting issues that have cleared up by using a different magazine. Do you know how to tell which is which or where to buy one that you know will be a 3rd generation? (Pictures of mine: Imageshack - 100910171200.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user , Imageshack - 100910171100.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user)

Also been planning to try out the Wolf spring. Do you know if it is supposed to last longer than the whoppin 300 rounds that the original is rumored to last?
gnwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #14
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 8055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock & Awe View Post
Sorry to hear about you problems I just bought one and have had a few issues but they were all with the colt mustang mags. No issues with 3rd generation sig mags. Don't give up on this great gun. I still need to get all the bugs out of mine but very close.
1 Make sure you have 3rd generation sig mags.
2 Tryout the 12lb wolfe spring thats made for the colt
3 Polish the feed ramp

Hope that helps
See....that's the issue I have. Why, should I, after spending TON of money on the thing have to go to another manufacturer and buy their spring to fix the gun manufacturers problem.

Sig SHOULD fix all the issues or they should pull them. There are many people having issues, I just got tired of being one of them.

Why do I carry a gun? Have you picked up a cop lately? Man, they eat A LOT of doughnuts....and whew...they are heavy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"The Fashion Statement with Survival Instincts"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"We don't sell guns we sell the things that make guns better"
jtprevatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 8055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock & Awe View Post
This gun actually has real sights and makes this thing extremely accurate unlike the lcp which is a nice firearm. I just want to know that I'm going to hit my target every time no matter if its 1 yrd or 25yrds. Very few can say that about a lcp.
Yes, the Sig has real sights and the LCP does not. BUT, I can say that my LCP is VERY accurate, I was very surprised when I got it.

The only major plus that the Sig has going for it is the weight of the gun which reduces the recoil....yet, on the other hand, is a drawback against the LCP.

Been down both the Sig and the LCP road.....still have the LCP.

Why do I carry a gun? Have you picked up a cop lately? Man, they eat A LOT of doughnuts....and whew...they are heavy.

"The Fashion Statement with Survival Instincts"

"We don't sell guns we sell the things that make guns better"
jtprevatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnwelch View Post
I appreciate the recommendations! When I tried the test on the extractor, it held on with no problem so it's most likely not that.

I was aware that there are 3 different versions of the magazine but I'm not sure which is which. I know that some people have been reporting issues that have cleared up by using a different magazine. Do you know how to tell which is which or where to buy one that you know will be a 3rd generation? (Pictures of mine: Imageshack - 100910171200.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user , Imageshack - 100910171100.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user)

Also been planning to try out the Wolf spring. Do you know if it is supposed to last longer than the whoppin 300 rounds that the original is rumored to last?
Well you have the 2nd generation mag. If you send it to Sig they will replace it for you.

Below is a pic of the 3rd generation mag

Not a great pic but you can tell the follower is rounded and on top of it there is a dimple.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtprevatte View Post
See....that's the issue I have. Why, should I, after spending TON of money on the thing have to go to another manufacturer and buy their spring to fix the gun manufacturers problem.
I agree 100% It is a big knock on a reputable company. The fact is I really wanted this gun and I did a lot of research before my purchase so I knew what possible issues there are. I have plenty of other firearms but this one I wanted. Loved everything about it. Now that it seems fixed (need to put another 200 hundred rounds to make sure) I am very happy with my purchase. If this was going to be my only gun no way I would get it.

Glad you like your lcp so much but it was not for me. If your lucky enough to get a working 238 or able to get it fixed, the 238 imo blows away the lcp. But everyone has there own opinions
Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtprevatte View Post
Yes, the Sig has real sights and the LCP does not. BUT, I can say that my LCP is VERY accurate, I was very surprised when I got it.

The only major plus that the Sig has going for it is the weight of the gun which reduces the recoil....yet, on the other hand, is a drawback against the LCP.

Been down both the Sig and the LCP road.....still have the LCP.
Thank you! I was about to post this same type of response...just because the Sig can cost 2x more in some instances, definitely does not make it twice the gun of the LCP. I just picked up my LCP a few weeks ago and I already have 150 flawless rounds through it, both FMJ and HP.

The gun is fantastic to shoot, and is more accurate than I am...this is my first group from when I went shooting yesterday. Out of 6 rounds, there are 2 small holes and 2 large holes, from 7 yards.

Sorry to hear about your Sig woes...I still like them as a company, but that sucks that they won't pony up to really take care of you. Perhaps writing them a letter and sending these pics would help make your issue more personal to them and they would take greater notice of your situation?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #19
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46969
I also had one & sold it. It is a nice pistol nut a bit pricey for what you get. As several have said, look into a replacement magazine. It could be as simple as that. Otherwise, sell it & move on.
CPTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #20
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27262
My 238 has been flawless and could not be happier with it. Maybe they have the issues worked out as mine is somewhat new ?
Billsimswill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

238, p238, sig, sig 238, sig p238

Search tags for this page
238 ejection problems
p238 extractor problem
p238 fte
sig 238 jams
sig p238 ejector fix
sig p238 extraction problems
sig p238 extractor problems
sig p238 fte
sig p238 jamming problem
sig p238 manufacture date
sig p238 stovepipe
sig sauer p238 ejector fix
sig sauer p238 extractor problem
sig sauer p238 fte
sig sauer stove piping

sig238

Click on a term to search for related topics.