• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Most accurate gun under $700?

This is a discussion on Most accurate gun under $700? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Hi all, I have been doing a lot of research on different guns and have been wondering which is the considered the most accurate within ...

Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48690
Most accurate gun under $700?

Hi all,

I have been doing a lot of research on different guns and have been wondering which is the considered the most accurate within my budget, $700? 9mm is the platform I decided on.

A follow up question to this is, what would be the most accurate considering upgrades that I could do in the future? I know that almost any gun right now is more accurate than I could ever be but I would like to be able to grow with what ever gun I buy.

This thread is further to my other thread, First Gun, and for those that didn't see it I have shot a Glock 17, S&W M&P 9, XDm 9 which I liked and Glock 19 & 21 that I didn't like. I have also been considering the CZ 75 SP01 Phantom which I have handled and the FN 9's which I haven't had a chance to look at in person.

Thanks for any insight and advice you can provide.

Cheers,
Matt
mjb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40071
HiPoint C9. Fixed barrel= very accurate. I shoot my C9 better than my other pistols that cost 5-10X as much. The fit and finish sucks, but it works every time. I am planning on taking it to a steel plate match at my range and whoop some Nighthawk arse.

If you want to spend more, I would recommend the CZ-75. I normally run a 75b in .40 for competition. SA trigger and hammer from CZcustom, with some other goodies.
NW-Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 21705
Others to consider would be a Sig P226 or P228. Both are great firearms, extremely accurate, and if you can find them used, can be had for under $700.
gunsmoke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

I probably won't buy used unless I come across something real clean with low round count. Always an option though.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
If you liked the Glock 17, look at a Glock 34; longer barrel, adjustable sights, competition trigger; they usually go for less than $600 new.

If you are considering the CZ platform, look at an EAA Witness Elite Match; my 10mm makes one ragged hole at 50 feet if I keep up my end. Usually can be found around $550.

S&W makes a M&P Pro, a longer-barreled competition M&P; I was looking at one today for $630, new, at a gun show.

Of the three, I haven't shot an M&P Pro, but have a standard M&P; however, I do have a G34 and a Witness Elite Match, and will state the Witness is the most accurate of the three.

As far as upgrades, the Glock will have the most options out there, as far as improving the trigger, sights, etc. It is also the easiest to work on.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 36046
I love my EEA Witness Elite Match.
drocay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #7
Old Timer

Member #: 20418
Nothing wrong with a used Sig or HK, in decent condition..
My used HK USPc in 9mm is very accurate, as well as all my Sig pistols..
I think a lot of it depends on what kind of trigger you're looking for/at.
Are you wanting to go for a Glock type trigger, or looking to go DA/SA with a Sig or similar pistol, or a single action with a 1911?
If the answer is Glock or XD, perhaps a Sig with a DAK trigger will work for you, or an HK with LEM.
No external saftey or decocker on either of them..

And all the girls say I'm pretty fly for a white guy.........
The Offspring

You gotta nasty disposition, no one really knows the reason why....Social D

Yer Mom's box....O&A - The O&A Channel - 103 XM Radio

Red Dragons......Jason Ellis - Faction - Channel 41 XM Radio

Ante Omnia Armari...........
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12367
if you have to ask this question, chances are you arent a good enough shooter to know or tell the difference.

Most pistols are generally more accurate than the shooter can manage.

ARin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:53 AM   #9
XDTalk Member

Arin, no doubt about that. I previously stated that I would like a gun I can grow into. I am the kind of person who likes to be good at what ever I attempt. I am hoping that with some time and practice I can get close to matching the ability of whatever gun I decide to buy.

I am curious as to the advantages of the different trigger types. This is one area I haven't researched yet.

Thanks for input so far, I have a few more choices to consider now.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12367
Generally trigger has the most to do with a pistol's accuracy. Heavier, gritty or inconsistent triggers have a tendency to degrade performance.

single action pistols with crisp, light, short triggers will tend to be the easiest for the shooter.

1911 meets that criteria, but is not 9mm...however there are the oddball 9mm variants.

the xd has a pretty decent trigger if you compare them to the spectrum of striker fired poly framed pistols on the market.

the MP trigger is lighter, albeit longer, mushier and with a terrible reset.

glocks with trigger work done can be quite good, as their reset is great right out of the box.

ARin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
accurate 45 under $700 new
best 9mm pistol under $700

best 9mm under 700

best 9mm under 700.00?
best full size 9mm handgun for under $700
best gun under 700
best guns under 700
best handgun 9mm for 700.00

best handgun under 700

best handgun under 700 dollars

best pistol under 700 dollars

most accurate pistol 9mm

most accurate polymer 9mm

pistols and revolvers under 700 dollars
top 5 handguns under 700
Click on a term to search for related topics.