• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Jennings model 38 breakdown

This is a discussion on Jennings model 38 breakdown within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; My grandfather just gave me a Jennings arms model 38(.32cal Saturday night special) I'm trying to find a break down chart or instructions. The last ...

Old 04-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9034
Jennings model 38 breakdown

My grandfather just gave me a Jennings arms model 38(.32cal Saturday night special) I'm trying to find a break down chart or instructions. The last time this thing was cleaned was three years ago when I last took it to the range with my grandfather but I cant seem to remember how to break it down or even lock open the slide.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
rem 870 exp super mag 12ga
enfield 303 mark1 no3
Springfield30.06
Bushy Ar-15 .223
marlin .22lr(no not a 10\22, but has silencer, expanded round tube, lightened trigger, and more)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 3754
Location: The Nevada Desert on a Dry Lakebed. Living in a trailer with thunderstorms looming in the distance.
Here is the professional part:

http://stevespages.com/pdf/jennings_380.pdf

It says that the Jennings model 38 is chambered in .380, so make sure of the caliber.

---------------------------------------------------
The not so professional part:

You don't need to break it down, it will eventually

Why clean it? it won't work anyways

(more wisecracks to follow I am sure)
hobocircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

I found some info with a phone call to a buddie, but yes the jennins was also chambered in a 380.
enfield 303 mark1 no3
Springfield30.06
Bushy Ar-15 .223
marlin .22lr(no not a 10\22, but has silencer, expanded round tube, lightened trigger, and more)

Old 04-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 5191
i posted the same thing for the bryco model. all you do is have some one hold a ball point pen in the hole in the back of the slide( wear the striker would come out of a xd). and pull the slide back and up slowly and it will hit a point where it will come off the slide
Old 04-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 8321
It's a Jennings? eewww. Sell it! I'm no gunsnob, but I've had one go off before just after picking it up (thankfully I follow the basics of firearms), finger was no where near the trigger, safety was on, and it was pointed in a safe direction. Sure it was a 75 dollar gun, but needless to say, I won't own one again.
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9109
First, acquire a good hacksaw.....
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:17 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 7310
Duct tape it to the end of a baseball bat and you'll have a decent weapon.
Plinkomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

I'm not looking to carry this thing, its just a cute little thing I'm messing around with. I'm the only one that has shoot it with out an ftf. even the slightest limping and Ur sol. I'm modifying the main spring to see if i can make it a tad less susceptible to ftf'ing
enfield 303 mark1 no3
Springfield30.06
Bushy Ar-15 .223

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
bryco 38 disassembly

bryco 380 disassembly

bryco arms 380 auto disassembly
bryco arms 380 disassembly

bryco arms model 38 disassembly

bryco arms model 38 owners manual
bryco model 38 disassembly
how do i clean my jennings .32 auto??
how to clean bryco .380 model 38
jennings 38 380
jennings firearms .32 auto
jennings model 38 32 auto
Click on a term to search for related topics.