• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Do not buy a Smith & Wesson 22a

This is a discussion on Do not buy a Smith & Wesson 22a within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I hate mine its junk. Twice in one week to the Gunsmith at Gander Mountain now its being sent to S&W. Thank god they have ...

Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 46084
Do not buy a Smith & Wesson 22a

I hate mine its junk. Twice in one week to the Gunsmith at Gander Mountain now its being sent to S&W. Thank god they have the lifetime warranty. when it comes back,Iam selling it! I knew I should bought the Browning or Ruger 22lr pistol . The stupid slide release lever came out of place and scrathed the gun and broke of a hand grip screw!
J Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37849
Yup,my son (HAD) one also,he wasnt real pleased with the pistols perfomance,he continually had missfeeds,misfires and jamb ups of every type.Right now he has it on consignment and is looking for something else.
SECONDARY-KIMBER PRO CARRY HD II
krunchnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
Good information

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 27741
i was just starting to "consider" one of these as of yesterday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
best gun website ever.
indie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 28585
I've had mine for a couple years now ...works flawlessly. I keep it clean an it functions like it should... I guess you can get one that isn't up to spec. S&W customer service is top notch. I call to ask a question or two when I first got mine and he sent me some extra springs for free.
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 46084
This is a classic you get what you pay for scenario. I think Iam going to replace it with a walther p22. They have a used one for 199 at the gun shop on consigment
J Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16446
I believe the Walthers still use the cheap pot metal slides. (zinc castings) They look cool though.
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37849
Why not one of these,they shoot great,over 600 rounds and I have had 1 missfire,primer was dented though and also only 1 missfeed.

SECONDARY-KIMBER PRO CARRY HD II
krunchnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 28550
When I was looking in getting a 22 pistol I did a bit of reading. Nearly every semi auto is VERY picky about ammo and the good ones seem to require a PHD to field strip for a good cleaning.

As a consequence, when a local gunshop posted a used S&W 617 revolver for sale, I paid the 450 bucks for the revolver and never looked back. With cheap bulk ammo from Walmart it will group 2 inches at 100 feet, is a breeze to clean, and will shoot anything that fits the chambers. Also did an action job on it and with a 12 lbs. rebound spring the SA break is a bit under 2 lbs., which means that I barely have to breath on the trigger. One of these days I'll probably put in a 13 lbs. rebound spring and take the SA trigger up to about 2.5 lbs but it sure is easy to shoot pinpoint accurate with that light trigger pull. A bit scary, but very easy to shoot well with.
scooter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 91670
I agree not a good purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gatz View Post
I hate mine its junk. Twice in one week to the Gunsmith at Gander Mountain now its being sent to S&W. Thank god they have the lifetime warranty. when it comes back,Iam selling it! I knew I should bought the Browning or Ruger 22lr pistol . The stupid slide release lever came out of place and scrathed the gun and broke of a hand grip screw!
The gun distroyed 22 lr every 10 rounds it wouldnt finish a 50 round range shoot!!,With out jambs , two clips broke within a couple of weeks shooting twice a week s&w replaced the clips broke again I dont like loosing $$$ like anyone else but didnt want to sell it to anyone!! So i took it to BIG BOX SPORTING GOODS STORE!! WITH A CIRCUS RIDE INSIDE! TOOK A BIG $$$ HIT ONLY HAD IT FOR 4 WEEKS! They gave me 150.00 $$ for it told me it was only 250.00 new , it was 300.00 new from their store only weeks before, I purchased a benchmark Browning they had for 370.00 new or a used one next display case over for 370.00 wow what a discount but my 22a was only worth 150.00 it will be in the case next week for 300.00 IT WAS COMPLETE LOCK BNOX PAPER WORK ORG SAFTY TAG AND ALL!! THANKS DONT WANT OTHERS TO MAKE SAME MISTAKE
WAKON1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
s&w 22a 1 for sale

s&w 22a for sale

s&w 22a grips
s&w 22a grips for sale
s&w 22a1 for sale
s&w 617 for sale
s&w model 22a for sale
s&w22a grips
smith & wesson 22a for sale

smith and wesson 22a for sale

smith and wesson 22a grips
smith and wesson 22a grips for sale
smith and wesson 22a price
smith and wesson 22a sale
smith and wesson model 22a for sale
used s&w 22a
Click on a term to search for related topics.