• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Beretta PX4 Subcompact Range Review

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 Subcompact Range Review within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Originally Posted by Brickboy240 My brother owns both the full size and compact 9mms and I have shot both many times. I still don't want ...

Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 47244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickboy240 View Post
My brother owns both the full size and compact 9mms and I have shot both many times.

I still don't want one.

Its not a bad pistol...but for the same money or less...there are better choices like the SIG 2022.

Thick and chunky and the safety is awkward, being way up there on the slide.

A better small 9mm is the Glock 26 or M&P 9 compact, if you ask me.

The typical high Beretta quality is there....but the feel is just odd.

I still think that the 92FS/M9 is the best Beretta pistol.

- brickboy240
FYI--There is an available low profile safety/decocker. The full size model is not for people with small hands. I have large hands and the safety works fine for me.

The stock sights are somewhat worthless, front sight is too narrow. Gonna get meprolights on mine.
K.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #22
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46969
This is of course larger but the Beretta 92 Compact I had was extremely reliable and accurate. It is a great all metal weapon.

Beretta 92 COMPACT 9mm 13RD SHIPS FREE

You can see that it is in the 92 Family. Academy in Texas sells a lot of all types of PX4's. However it is not a pistol (PX4) that I have any interest in.
CPTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
XDTalk Member

Member #: 45959
I bought one of these a while back and when I got it home it wouldn't decock. I found that if I pushed on the slide while moving the decocker it would work, but Beretta took 2 months to return my pistol after I sent it to them. I was so disgusted that I sold it as soon as I got it back. It was loud and somewhat inaccurate to boot. I love the 92, but this thing was just not what I expected from Beretta.
Exodus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67198
My favorite pistols are the Beretta 92's and therefore when I saw the PX4 Subcompact, I had to have one. At first I did not like the feel of it (my first Polymer pistol- now I have a bunch), but it has grown on me immensely. I shot it low at first and then had Meprolights installed. It still did not shoot that great for me for the first 100 rds or so. Now it is as accurate as most of my 4" 9mms, if not more so. I just did a few mags through it at 25 yards and marked which ones where from each pistol. Also included were a G19, an XD 9, and a Turkish 92 Centurion Beretta clone. I was very surprised when I was most accurate with the Sub-compact!
I have only had one type of malfunction and that was the slide would not lock back on the last round. Turns out it was weak re-loads that were doing it. I have a round count well in to the 1000's with this gun and shot it at many fun gun matches with great results and no malfunctions (using factory ammo). This gun actually makes me want a compact (slightly bigger) and a full size pretty badly now that I have got used to the feel. If I do not have my G19 on me, it is my PX4 that goes along for the ride.
BLRacing67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #25
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLRacing67 View Post
My favorite pistols are the Beretta 92's and therefore when I saw the PX4 Subcompact, I had to have one. At first I did not like the feel of it (my first Polymer pistol- now I have a bunch), but it has grown on me immensely. I shot it low at first and then had Meprolights installed. It still did not shoot that great for me for the first 100 rds or so. Now it is as accurate as most of my 4" 9mms, if not more so. I just did a few mags through it at 25 yards and marked which ones where from each pistol. Also included were a G19, an XD 9, and a Turkish 92 Centurion Beretta clone. I was very surprised when I was most accurate with the Sub-compact!
I have only had one type of malfunction and that was the slide would not lock back on the last round. Turns out it was weak re-loads that were doing it. I have a round count well in to the 1000's with this gun and shot it at many fun gun matches with great results and no malfunctions (using factory ammo). This gun actually makes me want a compact (slightly bigger) and a full size pretty badly now that I have got used to the feel. If I do not have my G19 on me, it is my PX4 that goes along for the ride.
If you are ever in the chicago area, you are welcome to try out my full size px4 40.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #26
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67198
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.D. View Post
If you are ever in the chicago area, you are welcome to try out my full size px4 40.
Thanks! I just bought one I did not have it to compare accuracy to the others listed above, but after just 50 rounds at the range, I think it will be close to the best shooting pistol I own! And the one I bought was a beater on gunbroker that I did not expect to get the bid on. So far I am very impressed with it once again adding to my liking for the Beretta Storm series of pistols. The next on my list is a Compact 9mm. I just bought a Cougar 9mm that I have not got to shoot yet. If you are ever in the Fort Collins/Loveland CO area you are welcome to shoot any of them as well!
BLRacing67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #27
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67980
The px4 full size and especially compact are so hideous... that i dont know why people buy them. sorry about your problems with it, she needs a little more taste when it comes to fire arms. just get a sig 238 or a kahr cm9 those are cool and girl friendly.
Kahr cm9
jackinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50178
I actually like the look of the px4 compact. I wasn't impressed by it though when shooting it. It was ok but nothing special.
Daniel Defense M4 v5
GG Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #29
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLRacing67 View Post
Thanks! I just bought one I did not have it to compare accuracy to the others listed above, but after just 50 rounds at the range, I think it will be close to the best shooting pistol I own! And the one I bought was a beater on gunbroker that I did not expect to get the bid on. So far I am very impressed with it once again adding to my liking for the Beretta Storm series of pistols. The next on my list is a Compact 9mm. I just bought a Cougar 9mm that I have not got to shoot yet. If you are ever in the Fort Collins/Loveland CO area you are welcome to shoot any of them as well!
My great aunt and uncle live in Loveland. If I'm ever out there, I'll let you know and I'll bring my px4.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #30
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 67661
Well i have plans to make my next pistol the Beretta Px4 Type F Compact, 9mm... The gun just looks straight sexiness... Now i like the Compact over the Full Size and Sub-Compact because of one simple reason...

It has ambidextrous slide release!!! And the rotating barrel design!! And i'm a lefty to the ambidextrous slide release is more then enough reason for me to buy the Compact and not the Full Size or Sub-Compact models... But firearms are just like cars and electronics, you get lemons and duds too...

Springfield XD(m) 3.8 Compact, 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P Compact, 9mm
(More to Come...)

||-μολὼν λαβέ-||
Disturbed is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

9mm, beretta, px4, subcompact

Search tags for this page
beretta forum px4 subcompact forum
beretta px4 storm subcompact .40
beretta px4 storm subcompact 40
beretta px4 storm subcompact 9mm review
beretta px4 storm subcompact review

beretta px4 subcompact

beretta px4 subcompact 40 review
beretta px4 subcompact problems

beretta px4 subcompact review

beretta px4 subcompact reviews
px4 storm subcompact review
px4 subcompact review
Click on a term to search for related topics.