• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Skyy Pistols

This is a discussion on Skyy Pistols within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I have been to two gunshops, each within 60 miles of each other, and both were pushing small, inexpensive 9mm pistols, made by Skyy. I ...

Old 03-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25552
Skyy Pistols

I have been to two gunshops, each within 60 miles of each other, and both were pushing small, inexpensive 9mm pistols, made by Skyy. I know absolutely nothing about these pistols. They may as well have fallen from the clear blue "skyy". But, are they worth a darn?
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

KingArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Azo
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35057
The company is SCCY Industries now, supposedly the company was built by people who split from Keltec, which I believe could explain the reason the models they offer look similar to the Keltecs.

From what I have heard/read they are slightly heavier and more beefy than the PF9 and has a long trigger pull. The take on them is kind of mixed, I have a buddy that owns one and swears he has about 2000 rounds through it with out a problem but than talking to another friend he shot it at a local range said it was a horrible imitation of the Keltecs.

It seems like a dud to me, in my area they go for about 350 and IMHO I would either save a little more for something more known and reliable or steer towards just getting a keltec.
Azo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 43269
You may want to read some other's opinions before considering this gun:

GunBroker.com Message Forums - Sccy Firearms are dangerous, Buy the Kel-tec

Sccy cpx1...

SCCY Industries - Ohio Sportsman.com - Hunting and Fishing talk

Firearm Review: Skyy CPX-1 subcompact 9mm

Keep in mind that many of these reviews were from a few years ago and things may have changed for the better with this company.
Hi-Point 9mm
SKS
2 Mossbergs 12 gauge pumps
AZ CCW

The only way our country will fail is if we continue to allow people to live a lifetime without facing accountability for their actions.
mcbmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Troll Buster

Member #: 2152
SCCY Industries
There was a forum for them but it has closed down. They had some issues when they first came out with cracking and trgger problems. I have a black CPX1. Only have about 500 rds down the pipe, but haven't had any problems - yet. Don't shoot it much anymore and don't carry it due to the issues others have had. Sad to say, but every time I take it to the range to shoot, I'm just waiting for it to break. I'll use it for a BUG in a side match, but thats it.
/

Intelligence has nothing to do with politics. Londo Mollari, B5.
R Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 508
A buddy of mine bought one for his girlfriend to carry...took it to the range several times and couldn't get through a full mag without some malfunction.

Thankfully she never carried that POS.

No Guns, Know Crime.
Know Guns, No Crime!
So Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
They go for about $280 here. Do a search on the net. There are better options for you.

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25552
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern thunder View Post
They go for about $280 here. Do a search on the net. There are better options for you.
I don't actually want one. I had one gun store try to push one off on my wife. Another one tried to push one off on a friend of mine. I hated not being able to give an acessment, and I didn't want them to get curious, buy one, and get screwed over either.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

KingArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16446
First they're ugly as sin! Then the whole nightmare of one of their Execs performing shady deeds online. Sure he's gone now, but the trust is not there. At least I'm pretty sure it was Skyy. Something about anonymous postings at gun forums bashing other's products.
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 42393
I had an SCCY CPX-1. I liked the size and weight, but it had trigger problems, and I'm not talking about the known safety problem. I traded it in for an XD9.
dlswerz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
cssy 9mm
cssy firearms
scyy firearms
skky hand gun
skky pistol
skky pistol problems
skky pistols
sky pistols
skyy 1911 pistol
skyy firearms
skyy guns
skyy handgun
skyy handguns

skyy pistol

skyy pistols

skyye pistol
Click on a term to search for related topics.