• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

22LR Conversion for SIG226SCT - First Impressions

This is a discussion on 22LR Conversion for SIG226SCT - First Impressions within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Well I took the time this wk and spent a little of our income tax return on a new 22lr Conversion Kit for my SIGSauer ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » 22LR Conversion for SIG226SCT - First Impressions

Old 02-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23528
Cool 22LR Conversion for SIG226SCT - First Impressions

Well I took the time this wk and spent a little of our income tax return on a new 22lr Conversion Kit for my SIGSauer 226SCT and an extra mag. ($325)

After a good initial cleaning/lubing (Shooter's Choice Synth Grease) I had a chance to take it to the range last Monday night and put 200rnds of CCI 40grn 22LR thru it. (SIG recommended)

Now initally the "break-in" was a little disconcerning - due to that I physically had to push the slide forward with my thumb about 1/2" for the return spring to have enough "oomph" to strip a round off the mag and close the breach.
It appeared that the slide irself was getting "hung-up" on the very tip of the hammer face? - That and about 4 FTF's per 10rnd mag and that's pretty much how the 1st 100rnds went.

Now I understand break-in quirks and getting a feel for how this set-up was going to work, but needless to say I was becomming disappointed.
UNTIL- (I got a wee bit cranky.....) & rapid fired 2 fully loaded mags in succession. FLAWLESS!?!?! Not one FTF or slide sticking - Not 1 issue.
AND The next 80rnds - smoooth....and accurate 1" groupings at 12yrds.

The only other observation I took note of when I field stripped the gun for cleaning was the VERY obvious frame rail wear. - WOW? The 22 slide sure polished up a few areas that the stock 9mm one never touched. So much so.. the red Shooter's Choice grease/lube was now a milky light grey?

SO I switched to a little tube of SIG grease I picked up and IMHP may have "over-greased" it.... to cut down ony any MORE significant wear. I'll see on my next trip to the range.

Soooo.... overall I'm pleased it seems to work and is a pretty accurate shooter. ON the hmmmmm.... side - I'l be watching the frame wear like a hawk.

Ideas? Opinions? Tips?

Thanks all - had to share & I'll post some pics.

XD9sc w/CT Laser Grips
SIGSauer P226SCT 9mm
S&W 5906 9mm
Beretta 92FS 9mm
Bersa T380 .380Auto
Ruger Single Six .22/.22Mag
DPMS AR15 .223/5.56mm
Ruger 10/22 - Marlin Mod#60
Cupsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page

.22 conversion for sig 226 sct

22 conversion kit for s&w 5906

22 conversion kits for s&w 5906

convert a s&w 5906 to 22lr

rimfire 22lr conversion s&w 5906

s&w 5906 9mm to 22 lr conversion

s&w 5906 conversion kits

Click on a term to search for related topics.