• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sub Compact or 9mm Ammo Purchase

This is a discussion on Sub Compact or 9mm Ammo Purchase within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Originally Posted by 9mmxdm .22 maybe... But I'd rather get something that fires a big round. You also mentioned a revolver as a possibility, you ...

Old 12-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 15395
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmxdm View Post
.22 maybe... But I'd rather get something that fires a big round.
You also mentioned a revolver as a possibility, you could definitely find a nice .357 mag used in your price range. Even a Smith and Wesson.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ!
SpringerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2677
I also think you should consider a .22. I have almost been exclusively shooting .22 lately and it's a blast. Cheap, fun, and it is really helping me become a better shooter. And the possibilities are numerous on the different types of .22's out there.
Plus, you already have a 9mm and a shotgun. Sounds like a .22 should come next to me.
Here are a few pictures to get you thinking about it. See anything that you like?
Marlin 60:

Ruger 10/22:

Walther P22:

Ruger 22/45:

Quote:
Again, if you do not vote, you are part of the problem. If you vote Democrat, you ARE the problem.
XDRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 12708
An SKS can be found WAY under your price, with a lot of left over ammo funds... and fires a big round!

GunsAmerica - YUGO GOOD CONDITION - SKS Rifles - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

OEF, AFGHANISTAN 2012-2013
beitzel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25818
I picked up a nice used CZ P-01 for $380 the other week. Sweet gun, but came with only 1 mag and no box (the reason for the low price) but it was in 98% condition.

It looks like another thing that might be useful to add is a rim fire, either pistol or rifle. My Ruger Mark II sees at least 50 rounds each range trip, and you can learn 90% of pistol mechanics from a 22LR.

XDm 9mm, Springer Match Trigger, X-treme Grip,
Don's Stainless Guide Rod 16# spring

And more from Beretta, Benelli, CZ, Kimber, Rock River, Ruger, and Savage.
NDB_MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 36516
I'd buy another gun
MagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41269
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillsing23 View Post
Unless you really need another gun, I would get ammo. (Actually, I would get reloading components. )
I didn't really need the handgun I just purchased a few weekends ago... Now I am addicted and want to add to my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
I also think you should consider a .22. I have almost been exclusively shooting .22 lately and it's a blast. Cheap, fun, and it is really helping me become a better shooter. And the possibilities are numerous on the different types of .22's out there.
Plus, you already have a 9mm and a shotgun. Sounds like a .22 should come next to me.
Here are a few pictures to get you thinking about it. See anything that you like?
Marlin 60:

Ruger 10/22:

Walther P22:

Ruger 22/45:
Out of those options... The Walther P22 is the only one that seems nice to me. I don't much want a traditional rifle. AK style and AR styles. I know I will have to way up my budget. So that will come in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beitzel15 View Post
An SKS can be found WAY under your price, with a lot of left over ammo funds... and fires a big round!

GunsAmerica - YUGO GOOD CONDITION - SKS Rifles - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H
That's too traditional looking for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDB_MN View Post
I picked up a nice used CZ P-01 for $380 the other week. Sweet gun, but came with only 1 mag and no box (the reason for the low price) but it was in 98% condition.

It looks like another thing that might be useful to add is a rim fire, either pistol or rifle. My Ruger Mark II sees at least 50 rounds each range trip, and you can learn 90% of pistol mechanics from a 22LR.
If I GOOGLED that right... Then that is a 9mm (CZ P-01). Already have a 9mm, no need for a second. Would like something else.

Seems like everyone is suggesting .22's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
I'd buy another gun
That's what I want to do. I'll search around, but if all else fails buying ammo is a good thing too.
9mmxdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

I know I am picky...
Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
XDTalk 1K Member

Sounds like you want something kind of modern or tactical.
What if you bought a used 10/22 (should be easy with $250), and then in time modernized it. You could turn it into something like one of these. And in the mean time you would have a nice little rifle to plink with. Remember, you can still get 500 rounds of .22 for under $20 pretty easily. Think of all the plinking you could do.

Quote:
Again, if you do not vote, you are part of the problem. If you vote Democrat, you ARE the problem.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Now I find those .22's down right SEXY!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #20
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmxdm View Post
Now I find those .22's down right SEXY!
And they're all 10/22's. While you are enjoying your new 10/22, you could be planning how will modify it.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

ammo, sub compact, used gun, used guns

Search tags for this page
ammo for xd 9mm sub compact
cz compact 9mm yugo
different types 9mm ammo lowest price
marlin 1022

nordic charger

pistola 45 ruger
pistola ruger 22/45

pistola ruger 45

pistolas 45 ruger

ruger .45 sub compact

ruger 22 45

ruger 22/45

sub compact 45
wild og
xtreme grip xd sub compact
Click on a term to search for related topics.