• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Weird Glock jam

This is a discussion on Weird Glock jam within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; bad round had it happen in my sig P6 with a speer gold dot 115 gr, but that was from it being my chamber round ...

Old 11-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
bad round had it happen in my sig P6 with a speer gold dot 115 gr, but that was from it being my chamber round and unloading/loading probably 40-50 times.

Get the gunpowder out of your glock totally or you might get burned.
yocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 37792
Odd, but my first thought was the bullet was loose in the casing.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25552
Recently with a Sig, I was in the middle of target shooting for speed. The round was bad and the shell casing refused to eject. I kept my eye on the target and racked that slide until the sucker came out. I bent the crap out of the brass, but I cleared that jam quickly.

Weapons malfunctions, especially, for those of you that carry should be a consideration, and how to clear them. Sometimes it is as easy as working the slide, or locking it to the rear and removing the magazine (for double feed's for example). Because, when the bullets are whizzing at you, your fight or flight reflext will take over, and you will be left with gross motor functions rather than fine motor skills.

If you already have in place "muscle memory" on how to clear a jam or correct the malfunction, it may just save your life.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

KingArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
Recently with a Sig, I was in the middle of target shooting for speed. The round was bad and the shell casing refused to eject. I kept my eye on the target and racked that slide until the sucker came out. I bent the crap out of the brass, but I cleared that jam quickly.

Weapons malfunctions, especially, for those of you that carry should be a consideration, and how to clear them. Sometimes it is as easy as working the slide, or locking it to the rear and removing the magazine (for double feed's for example). Because, when the bullets are whizzing at you, your fight or flight reflext will take over, and you will be left with gross motor functions rather than fine motor skills.

If you already have in place "muscle memory" on how to clear a jam or correct the malfunction, it may just save your life.
amen <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfyULpEhmug&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfyULpEhmug&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
yocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37094
Just did a detail strip on my glock and everything looked good. No wears or tears.
CZ 75 Kadet
Daniel Defense M4
dragon281tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #16
MA2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22009
good shooting, but i see that last round was limp.
glocks do jam

MA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #17
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25552
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2 View Post
good shooting, but i see that last round was limp.
glocks do jam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9JhCyFFxA
Two general constants:

1. Everyone poops
2. All firearms are capable of a malfunction.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

KingArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
MA2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22009
Quote:
Two general constants:

1. Everyone poops

MA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #19
XDTalk Member

Member #: 40771
Quote:
Two general constants:

1. Everyone poops
What King is trying to get at is Murphys Law. "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."
SpringXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #20
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 9898
i perfer the catholic book for potty training "youre a naught child and thats concentrated evil coming out your back side"

leeindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

federal, glock, jam

Search tags for this page
clearing a jammed glock
clearing a shell in a glock

clearing jammed glock

date your glock

glock bullet stuck chamber

glock first round jam federal

glock jam clearing

glock jams on last round

glock where is my last bullet?

glocks jams with one bullet in chamber and another new bullet jams

how to clear a glock jam

how to clear a jammed glock

how to clear a jammed glock 19

how to remove bullet from glock

jammed glock

my glock 19 jams when the round is in the chamber
Click on a term to search for related topics.