• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

MOLLE Gear

This is a discussion on MOLLE Gear within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I have some questions about this stuff. 1) Does it work well? 2) How does it work? 3) Can you attach other mole gear to ...

Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 33756
Question MOLLE Gear

I have some questions about this stuff.

1) Does it work well?

2) How does it work?

3) Can you attach other mole gear to loke a bag or a scabbord?

I think I might buy a bag and a scabbord for yote huntin.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 28866
1) It works VERY well. I'm not a big tactical gear guru, but from my experience MOLLE gear is the most secure mounting system out there. It's a b&$#h to set up, but once you get it set up, it will not come undone.

2) Difficult to explain how exactly it works. You kinda have to see it to fully understand. Basically you have the MOLLE weave on what you want to mount something on and the MOLLE straps on the thing you want to mount and you weave them together and snap the buttons. If you see it done, you will understand.

3) Anything the has MOLLE straps on it can be mounted on something that has the MOLLE mounting weave on it.
rystineusmc0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
my e-tool carrier is on m[y 3 day assault pack, when we do stuff fast and take th e-tool out for weight, its such a pain I leave the carrier on. My fingers hurt every time I install/remove it.

The mag pouches aren't too bad.

IFACS are a PIA to get set up right.

Can't say about anything else.

Very secure[ system even if one part or another breaks it will stay on there.
yocan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 30829
molle is great ****, really best for customizing your own vest and such. if your trying to attach a scabbard to a pack its not going to work at all, the load is going to be thrown off to much and the pack has no sort of frame to support the weight of the gun, so the guns going to go whichever way it wants. attatching a pack to a backpack type scabbard will work a little better as the scabbard with the rifle will be close to your body and the rifle in the scabbard will act as a frame to the scabbard so it will better support the weight of the pack hanging off it it. this still doesnt work that well though, i have a top of the line best money can buy drag bag set up like this with a pack attached that is meant to attach to it and it flops all about and throws you off big time while your walking.

there is really only one GOOD solution and your going to have to shuck out some cash to get it. one word... eberlestock
Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

I plan to get a MOLLE scabord but I didnt plan to attach it to the bag. I have a question about molle scabbords, Will rifles fit in the? I am getting it for my shotgun, and I was wondering if a scoped rifle will fit in it.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

it all depends on what you get. what are you wanting to attach to the molle then?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

I want to attach a tan shotshell pouch to the o.d. scabbard and a bag to put gear in.

I would probably attatch some o.d. pouches to the tan bag just to have some contrast.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

if your planning on attatching the scabbard to the pack in any way forget about it. i would pass on that pack too, looks very ****ty. you REALLY pay for what you get when it comes to gear like that. if you cant afford the real good **** then look on the EE on ar15.com for used stuff
Old 06-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 18005
so true...I hate it when straps or fasteners break.

I'd be really pissed off if my gun fell because of it
DevJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Ok. i want a good bag that will last me a while. The scabbard is good though? i just want a bag like that though that has the webbing on all sides and that color for a good price.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
backpack rifle scabbard
backpack with rifle holder

how does molle gear attach

how does molle gear work

how does molle work

how does mollie gear work
how molle gear works
how molle works

molle rifle scabbard

molle scoped rifle scabbard
rifle scabbard backpack
scoped rifle scabbard molle
Click on a term to search for related topics.