• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Savage 93r17 stocks?

This is a discussion on Savage 93r17 stocks? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I would like a camoflauge or tactical stock for a savage .17 hmr i am buying. Its a heavyy barrel and i dont like the ...

Old 05-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 33312
Arrow Savage 93r17 stocks?

I would like a camoflauge or tactical stock for a savage .17 hmr i am buying. Its a heavyy barrel and i dont like the stock much. Thanks for your help.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--Psalm 23:4
s&w22aellafrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 30829
which model are you buying? why do you want a camo stock?

out of experience with the savage 17's let me tell you this. the synthetic stock version in a POS, feels like strait tupperware, forend flex's liek crazy and has very poor ergonomics. the also hate the thumbhole version. its great for shooting at the bench, but for any sort of field positions it sucks big time. i shot my friends 93R17-GV (regular wood stock heavy barrel) a couple weeks ago. the stock has great ergonomics IMO and is great for field positions, i just got back from buying one at dicks in the package deal with the POS scope for $280 + tax. sure i can get one off gunbroker for $230 but after the 3% CC fee, $15 shipping, and $40 FFL transfer fee i would be over $290 and would have had to wait for it. i went home with it for maybe $2 more, i would have spent that in gas anyway driving further to the dealer to do the transfer had i bought it off the internet.

why do you want camo though? will the rest of you be camo when your using it too? why would you want a "tactical" stock on a 17HMR varmint gun? tactical is not tacticool. my suggestion though if you insist on a camo gun is either spend more money for the camo version of the rifle with the same tupperware stock as the one that sells for $200, just with a camo job that really aint all the great, or buy the cheapo synthetic model for right around $200 then buy a nice stock, and go to town with krylon. there isnt a camo pattern out there that will be as effective as what you can do with a few cans of krylon.

in my personal opinion i wouldnt worry about it being camo, any critter you shoot with it wont know whether or not the gun is camo, tactical, or tacticool. i kill hundreds of varmints every year and have never had my bullet not hit a critter becuase it wasnt camo, or tacticool.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

I just want it to look kinda cool. Im gonna have a bipod on it and i thought a tactical stock would look kinda cool. A camo laminate thumbhole stock would be nice to. I have held the gun and the stock was fine on it. My .22, shotgun and other guns are camo and i thought it would be nice to have that one camo, too. Thats just how i want it.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--Psalm 23:4
Old 05-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

look cool? uhh ok, why does it matter how cool it looks? what your shooting it at will have no idea at all how cool your gun looks, and if your trying to impress people (not sure why you care what others think of how cool your rifle looks) then your picking the wrong gun to begin with.

you want to impress people, pick up a AI AWSM... but remember you can buy almost 40 savage 93's for just what the rifle costs, and thats before you add a $3500 S&B, and probably another $2000 in goodies... and you will have a cool looking rifle, but you yourself wont be any cooler, and once again, the target wont have the slightest clue how cool it looks.

buy what works, WGAF how cool it does, or doesnt look. of all the weapons the military and law enforcement have spec'd out i dont think "must look cool" was on the check list, typically only posers must have one that looks cool. some are just plain ****in cool, trying to make one look cooler doesnt make it look any cooler.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

All i want is a tactical looking stock, no reason to get defensive. The thumbhole i was looking at looked cool, but it also gave me a better grip which leads to a steadier aim. I want my gun to look good, thats just me. I dont care what other people think, its what i think about it, and it will bug me to death until i like the way it looks.

Thats it.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

lol
Old 05-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

I kinda want to fina stock like Danp's remmy .223. That thing look AWSOME!

Old 05-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

guns are cool, and look awesome regardless...
Old 05-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Guns are always cool, i just want to enhance this one. I searched google and all i can find are laminate ones, no tactical looking ones. Im getting frustrated

Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #10
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 8434
Get the laminate one, rough it up a little with sandpaper and paint it in the camo pattern you want.
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky. - Emerson

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzche
danp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
hogue stock for savage 93r17
replacement stock for savage 93r17
replacement stock for savage model 93r17
savage 17 hmr stocks aftermarket
savage 93 tactical stock
savage 93r17 aftermarket stocks
savage 93r17 hogue stock

savage 93r17 stock

savage 93r17 stock tactical
savage 93r17 stocks
savage 93r17 tactical stock
savage 93r17 tactical stocks
savage model 93r17 stock
tactical stock for savage 93r17
want to buy a wood stock to fit a savage model 93r17 gv
Click on a term to search for related topics.