• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Lorcin L22

This is a discussion on Lorcin L22 within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Before I ask my question. I know this gun is junk so you don't need to tell me. I was giving a Near new Lorcin ...

Old 02-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 29315
Lorcin L22

Before I ask my question. I know this gun is junk so you don't need to tell me. I was giving a Near new Lorcin L22 by a friend as a gag gift. I know this gun is a piece so I don't expect much. But can anyone on here tell me what it is worth? The gun us in as mint condition as any Lorcin can be. It has only had one magazine fired through ever. So what is it worth?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23028
Doing a google search, I found a post on another forum from a year ago that began with: "Before anyone starts in on me I know it's junk, but it's still fun." LMAO.

I found some old auctions that sold for $50-$150. One site said the original retail was $80-$120. Hope this helps.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29616
Got any picts? I think that would be a great gift!
dirty magazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

It's a cute little gun. Its just not something I think I will ever use. Heres a picture of it next to a sharpie.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32778
It's only junk when you have the option of a better alternative. When you don't have such an alternative, even a Lorcin/Raven/Bryco/Jennings is worth its weight in gold.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchingHour View Post
It's only junk when you have the option of a better alternative. When you don't have such an alternative, even a Lorcin/Raven/Bryco/Jennings is worth its weight in gold.
I definitely have the option of better alternatives. Handguns in general I have my XD40 V10 and my XDM 40. And in .22 handguns I have both a Browning Buckmark and a Beretta Neos. So thats why I say it is junk. It just doesn't stack up to the other guns I own.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 8434
Its worth about $50. I have a thing for Saturday Night Specials and had my Jennings J-22 out at the range one day. I had just finished the last of the polishing required to make it reliable. Anyway, I take it out and put a couple of magazines through it. The jackass in the lane next to me leans over and says, "You might want to invest in something a little better than that."

Now this guy has no idea who I am so I figure I might as well make him feel the fool and teach him to mind his own business, so I reach under my jacket and unholster my MC Operator. I just say, "You mean something like this?" JA doesn't say anything and leaves, I went back to having fun shooting my J-22.

Don't just throw your L-22 in the sock drawer, they are actually kind of fun.
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky. - Emerson

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzche
danp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32778
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino400 View Post
I definitely have the option of better alternatives. Handguns in general I have my XD40 V10 and my XDM 40. And in .22 handguns I have both a Browning Buckmark and a Beretta Neos. So thats why I say it is junk. It just doesn't stack up to the other guns I own.
I figured you did. I just thought I'd point that out, although I am a bit curious as to what tempted you to buy it. But I can't and won't criticize.. I have an unexplainable fixation with the even more impractical North American Arms Mini Master - to the point where I ended up buying six of them. Don't ask why, because I'll never be able to give you a good explanation.

Oh - and yes, they come to the range with me, too.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23028
Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
so I reach under my jacket and unholster my MC Operator.
Operator. I drool at the word. You are a lucky man.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #10
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 3754
Location: The Nevada Desert on a Dry Lakebed. Living in a trailer with thunderstorms looming in the distance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Its worth about $50. I have a thing for Saturday Night Specials and had my Jennings J-22 out at the range one day. I had just finished the last of the polishing required to make it reliable. Anyway, I take it out and put a couple of magazines through it. The jackass in the lane next to me leans over and says, "You might want to invest in something a little better than that."

Now this guy has no idea who I am so I figure I might as well make him feel the fool and teach him to mind his own business, so I reach under my jacket and unholster my MC Operator. I just say, "You mean something like this?" JA doesn't say anything and leaves, I went back to having fun shooting my J-22.

Don't just throw your L-22 in the sock drawer, they are actually kind of fun.
Good story!

I have a Raven .25, FIE Titan .25, Hi Point C-9 and other curios. They are fun to shoot at the range and the entertainment factor is great. They are obviously not my go to pistols when the zombies attack! Your Lorcin fits in this category.

Actually let me retract my Hi Point from the list, it's actually pretty good. I've never had it jam or malfunction
hobocircus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
lorcin 22 automatic pistol
lorcin 22 for sale
lorcin 22 magazine for sale
lorcin 22 pistol review
lorcin firearms l22
lorcin l-22

lorcin l22

lorcin l22 for sale
lorcin l22 magazine
lorcin l22 pistol
lorcin l22 review
lorcin l22 reviews
lorcin model l-22 review
lorcin model l22
lorcin model l22 .22 cal auto
model l22 .22 cal auto ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.