• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Review: Beretta Stampede .45LC

This is a discussion on Review: Beretta Stampede .45LC within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Who says product cannibalism is a bad thing? It sure works out for consumers when it's time to liquidate redundant stock! Case in point are ...

Old 02-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 4510
Review: Beretta Stampede .45LC

Who says product cannibalism is a bad thing? It sure works out for consumers when it's time to liquidate redundant stock! Case in point are these Beretta Stampedes we just picked up at closeout prices: $70 off of dealer cost-- only $448!

After watching Appaloosa a few weekends ago, I grew a wild hair up you know where and began hunting for cowboy action guns and a pistolero rig. I handled dozens of different makes and models at the Shot Show and decided that Uberti, Colt, and the new Italian models from Puma were the best of breed. From birdshead to Bisley, case hardened to bright nickel, walnut to ivory-- the options are overwhelming. Then, I stumbled upon the Beretta Stampede.

Not unlike the Vaqueros by Ruger-- Beretta/Uberti incorporated a transfer bar so you can "safely" load all six chambers. You won't be doing this in any matches, but it's nice to have the option. The Stampede is made by Uberti in Italy and Beretta, of course, owns Uberti. Hence, there was no need to manufacturer two similar models under the same company umbrella.

In typical cowboy fashion, the Stampede arrived in a brown cardboard box with brown paper sleeve. As soon as you open the box, the gleam of bright stainless steel shines through. This model features a 5.5in barrel and is chambered in .45LC. You can also shoot .45 Schofield and other cowboy loads if you want, so it's a versatile platform for the sport. The trigger is very light and requires your full attention, lest ye be fond of 45cal holes. The hard black rubber grips are lack-lustre and quite slippery, so these will be one of the first accessories to upgrade.

At the range, I had no problem removing the center of a target at 10-yards. That was with a two hand grip. However, my confidence got the best of me. When, I switched to shooting one-handed, I missed the target so far to the left that I struck a wooden support column-- removing several large chunks of wood and littering the range with splinters. Oops! The RO on duty told me he'd pretend he didn't see that. Apparently, watching a western movie for two hours doesn't provide adequate training for accurate one-handed pistolero shooting!

So, if you're ready to "cowboy up," the Stampedes by Beretta/Uberti are a tremendous value. That's all for now. Have a good one and God bless.

-- Evan

Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Sweet!

CDNN had some Stampedes in 357 a while back, for a very good price and I still kick myself for not buying one. I could not afford to shoot much 45 Colt, so that caliber is out for me.

I have a 5.5" Vaquero in 44 mag and yes, I agree that the 5.5" is the best length in a single action pistol.

Glad you like it...single actions are big fun and can be very accurate.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 7595
The Stampede's are good guns and very nice!

I still lean to the Old Style Vaqueros for 45 colt though as they will take the HEAVY handloads safely. Just picked up two Birdshead Vaqureos over the past couple weeks.

I'll have to post some pics when I can, one of them is a TALO "Last Cowboy" edition.

Sweet Beretta though, I doubt I would walk past one without handling it, does it have a reverse pawl and the "4 clicks" when you cock it?
(The only downside of the Vaqueros)

PS I REEAALLY like the satin stainless, the polished ones don't do much for me.

Prov 21:15,16
When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

Whoever strays from the path of prudence comes to rest in the company of the dead.

Last edited by mtcraigco; 02-04-2009 at 01:58 PM.
mtcraigco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
baretta stampede deluxe
beretta stampede 45 colt review
beretta stampede 45 long colt
beretta stampede 45lc review
beretta stampede deluxe
beretta stampede deluxe for sale
beretta stampede deluxe review
beretta stampede for sale
beretta stampede handguns for sale
beretta stampede made in italy

beretta stampede review

beretta stampede review gunblast
beretta stampede reviews
beretta stampede revolver reviews
berrata stampede review
review of beretta stampede
Click on a term to search for related topics.