• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD 45 Suppressors

This is a discussion on XD 45 Suppressors within the NFA Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I am looking for some feed back on suppressors for an XD 45 service model. Any recommendations?...

Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 21524
XD 45 Suppressors

I am looking for some feed back on suppressors for an XD 45 service model. Any recommendations?
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 11834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
I am looking for some feed back on suppressors for an XD 45 service model. Any recommendations?
Dude, check this out. IMO the best suppressor on the market. watch the review on youtube.

Ruger .44 magum Super Blackhawk
Hi-Point C-9 9mm
Saiga 12 w/ pistol grip & folding stock
.44 magnum Ruger rifle
7mag BAR
Remington 1100 w/ slug barrel
...other assorted hunting rifles/shotguns
Charlesdht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 21013
I have had been testing Silencerco's Osprey suppressor on both a 9mm and .45 XD for close to a year. Both XDs were set up for a suppressor by Springfield's Custom Shop for articles for Combat Handguns. Dave and company installed extended and threaded barrels and also did sight and trigger work on both guns.

The Osprey is an ecentric suppressor that allows for the use of most stock sights. It is a very effective suppressor and the design allows for a significant increase in internal volume when compared to traditional round suppressors of the same length.

The .45Osprey averages about 129 db when shot with white box 230 gr. FMJ ammo. When shot is 5cc of water, it registers in the 119 db range which is about what a good .22 LR suppressor registers with CCI sub-sonic ammo. I can attest to these figures as I was the one shooting the pistols!

Can't say enough good things about both the Custom Shop and the folks at Silencerco.

Here are a few photos.

Enjoy,

Rob

Here is the 9mm with the Osprey and a SureFire X300 attached. The sights are Heinie Straight Eights with tritium inserts. They were also done by the Custom Shop.

Here is the .45 XD with the 45Osprey.

The Osprey has a locking cam that allows the suppressor tube to be properly indexed on any weapon. It is shown here on a Nighthawk Custom GRP Recom 1911. After mounting the Osprey, the locking lever is opened, as shown, and the suppressor body is properly aligned for the specific pistol. The lever then locks the cam. The suppressor stays indexed for that particular pistol and will only need to be re-indexed if you change host weapons.

Rob Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45642
i must say that i would love to have one of those in the future.
OutlawJoseyWales is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » NFA Talk

Search tags for this page
1911 45 with suppressor

1911 suppressor

best silencer xd 45
osprey 9mm suppressor for sale
putting a supressor on an xd45
sprinfield .45 suppressors
springfield 45 xd silencer
springfield xd 45 silencer

springfield xd 45 suppressor

springfield xd suppressor 45
springfield xd suppressor sights
suppressor for springfield xdm 45
suppressor for xd45
xd 45 silencer

xd 45 suppressor

xd osprey
Click on a term to search for related topics.