• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

mac 10

This is a discussion on mac 10 within the NFA Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; these can be had (legally) for around $4k. anyone have any experience with them? seems like a pretty good deal for a fully auto weapon....

Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36528
mac 10

these can be had (legally) for around $4k. anyone have any experience with them? seems like a pretty good deal for a fully auto weapon.
meaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 26943
There is properly a dozen websites that get into the details of the MAC. I've seen a bit of a price increase, but for the most part they are around $4K, some can even be bought NIB.

From my knowledge they can be a bit of a poor weapon if not upgraded, even the brand new ones due to age, need new buffers and prone to jamming. However a lot of people are replacing the upper, bringing the gun on par with a Uzi.

mtcraigco owns one with a Lage upper .
NFA Photo Thread
Old 02-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
I've shot a few rounds through one. My father had a MAC 10, during the 70's. The MAC was bought by the local sheriff's dept. and assigned to my dad. Can't imagine paying over a couple-hundred bucks for something like that. Very crude workmanship, heavy, not very accurate. You'd be surprised how quickly you can get over the novelty of spray and pray. Local sheriff's office owns the MAC that my dad had. Sheriff offered to give it to me about two elections ago, but backed out. He's concerned that the original sheriff who bought the piece didn't register it. I remember when the MAC was acquired, and it was registered; however, the current sheriff can't find the paperwork, so he's afraid of stirring up the BATFE. It'd be nice to get that old MAC back, particularly with the suppressor, a few mags, loader, and no transfer taxes. Only reason I'd want it would be due to nostalgia.
Mercmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 7595
They are a completely different animal with the Lage upper

Not even in the same league anymore

They are VERY good FAs to get started on with a Lage or similar upper

Very controllable, reliable and accurate.

Prov 21:15,16
When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

Whoever strays from the path of prudence comes to rest in the company of the dead.

mtcraigco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 5956
Seems like now would be a good time to buy. Macs are going for the low $3Ks on gunbroker. Add the stamp and Lage upper and you're looking at around $4000.

Wish I had the cash. Would definitely be a good investment and a heck of a lot of fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Polymerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 11014
Meaty, there is a wealth of information over at uzitalk in the mac forums. There are some really knowlegable folks over there.

I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

I bought an M10/9 from an estate sale last year for $2800 including the transfer tax.

Though note that I have spent more on the Lage upper, Practical Solutions 22 upper, and basically just personalizing it the way I want it.

With the economy the way it is, now is a buyers market for machineguns.

As for the issues noted above with the old original buffers, they're just a piece of rubber and can be replaced for about 2 bucks each and there are lots and lots of aftermarket accessories for them.

Here are a few key places of interest:
LAGE Mfg. Products: M-11/9 M-11 M-10 M-10/9 M-10/45 Cobray SWD Powder Springs
US Machinegun.com : Machine gun accessories of all types
Practical Solutions (Powered by CubeCart)

Here is a link to the dealers website who handled the first part of the transfer to me and he has several NIB macs' to choose from for not much more than $3000. D&D Guns - NIB MAC 10'9's

Here is a couple of pics of mine:

With the Lage Slowfire upper before I refinished it

After I refinished it with Moly/Teflon

I also modified some old Suomi 36 round mags to work in it for a couple of reasons.
#1. Their feedlips don't wear like the old zytel 32 rounders
#2 They are made of a very high quality metal
#3. They are doublestack mags and much easier to load

And some 50 round monster mags with a 36 rounder in there for comparison

And my new toy for it, a Practical Solutions 22LR conversion kit

And just for giggles, here's all 3 of my uppers

For what it's worth, Mac's with Lage uppers have been giving the MP5 guys some serious competition lately. Most recently was the last Knob Creek subgun match (where a Mac took first )

And I suppose you may want to watch some video's so you can see some of the differences the aftermarket uppers make:

Suppressed Mac 10/9 with a Lage slowfire upper

And with the Practical Solutions 22 kit for when you feel like shooting a bullet hose economically

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » NFA Talk

Search tags for this page

mac 10

mac 10 for sale

mac 10 forum
mac 10 lage upper
mac 10 nib
mac 10 replacement upper
mac 10 suomi
mac 10 tactical uppers
mac 10 talk
mac 10/45 50 round

mac-10

mac-10 for sale
mac10 for sale
mac10 mags
mac10 subgun detail
suppressed mac 10
Click on a term to search for related topics.