• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Tulammo?

This is a discussion on Tulammo? within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Information category; I shot some a few weeks ago, and it worked great! Don't be fooled by the people who talk about steel on steel. The steel ...

Old 08-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #31
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35250
Tulammo

I shot some a few weeks ago, and it worked great! Don't be fooled by the people who talk about steel on steel. The steel they use for tulammo is a thin pliable steel, so it can expand. It won't hurt your gun at all so shoot the hell out it!
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 60785
I bought 100 rounds of Tulammo at Walmart and fired them at the range yesterday. I had 4 FTF in the batch. You could clearly see where the primer had been indented from the firing pin. I didn't try to re-fire them, because I thought I'd heard that is a bad idea...

Today I went out with 50 rounds of Sellier and Bellot, no problems at all. So of all the different types of ammo I've fired, WWB, PMC, SB, Hornady, Tulammo, Remington, the only brand so far that had a problem was the Tulammo.
PistolEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #33
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 57477
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolEd View Post
I bought 100 rounds of Tulammo at Walmart and fired them at the range yesterday. I had 4 FTF in the batch. You could clearly see where the primer had been indented from the firing pin. I didn't try to re-fire them, because I thought I'd heard that is a bad idea...

Today I went out with 50 rounds of Sellier and Bellot, no problems at all. So of all the different types of ammo I've fired, WWB, PMC, SB, Hornady, Tulammo, Remington, the only brand so far that had a problem was the Tulammo.
What I have heard about steel case ammo is that it's bad for the extractor. It's obviously not as soft as the brass stuff so it wears your extractor out faster. Mostly I have heard people having problems with steel case ammo in their AR's rather than pistols though. Again, these are things I've heard not personally experienced. I don't shoot and most likely won't shoot steel case ammo until I know more and hear more positive feedback.
Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 61596
I personally do not like it - I spend the extra $10 on the 250 pack Remington UMC also found at Walmart for around $59

XD9 4" Service Model
SIG 522LR
Mossberg Mav88 12 guage
Hi Point 9mm Carbine
Stoeger X-10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Shepp3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71172
I just recently moved to one of the last "Still Free" States (AZ) and I just bought the six boxes Wally World had in stock. Unlike where I used to live, I did not get any strange looks buying so much ammo at once.

Not to mention that it absolutely rocks that you can legally carry concealed out here with no CCW. I don't think I will ever leave.
ursamajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 68169
That's all I use in my AK. My ARs are alittle more selective in what they like, I've had some failure to extract issues with the tul .223.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #37
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooberson View Post
Yea i got it back when i was leaving.. I think the guy was talking out his a$$.. Offered no explanation just said "thats steel on steel!" "ruins the barrell!" ???
It is a softer steel as opposed to the hardened steel of your barrel therefor not a problem. He is FOS, but most people who work at chains are.
ursamajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 87521
I've heard the same thing; it's hard on the extractor for an American weapon vs a European one.
Gunsmith friend of mine says American made weapons work best with brass and European ones work with both they use ALOT of steel over there and they are designed for it. Steel is all the BPOL(German Police), German and Russian army use.

Which makes me ask where is the XD or (M) made? Says Croatia on mine.

XD(M) 9mm 4.5
Vinkreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #39
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 78009
Hello, Welcome to the forum
Tinkeritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #40
XDTalk Member

Member #: 88828
I've shot over 200 rounds of Tulammo thru my Taurus with no issues. I picked up another 300 rounds at Walmart ($14.xx) and none of it will chamber in the same gun. All different lot #'s, so not just a bad batch.
I emailed Tulammo and they promptly returned a message saying they will make it right.
Four days later I recieved a refund check for the 300 rounds.

I can't say that I'll ever buy Tulammo again, but they were stand up enough to take care of a customer and make it right.

Springfield XD9
Mossberg 500
Taurus TCP .380

NRA member
Baconator is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » New Member Welcome Center

ammo, tulammo, xd45

Search tags for this page
tul ammo
tul ammo reviews
tul-ammo
tula ammo 357 magnum review
tulaammo

tulammo

tulammo .45 review
tulammo 45
tulammo 45 acp review
tulammo 45 review

tulammo review

tulammo reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.