• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Help us determine the forum's geographic coverage... UPDATED

This is a discussion on Help us determine the forum's geographic coverage... UPDATED within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Information category; A thought came to mind just now (yeah, a rare occurence)... I was sitting here at work looking at a map of the world, and ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » New Member Welcome Center » Help us determine the forum's geographic coverage... UPDATED

Old 04-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
Help us determine the forum's geographic coverage... UPDATED

A thought came to mind just now (yeah, a rare occurence)... I was sitting here at work looking at a map of the world, and I wondered something:

What's our forum's geographic coverage? Like do we have members in EVERY state? I know we have a sh!tload of members in TX, FL, CA, etc.. and barely anyone in DE.... Also, what other countries are represented here on our friendly HS2k/XD talk forum? We have to have some members who live overseas, since this is on the world wide web.

I know it would be next to impossible to figure it all out, and would take a long time to create a graphic map as to membership location (considering we have almost 10,000 members), but it was my thought for the moment. LOL. I have the capabilities here to do such an endeavor (and even the interest), but not the time.

Any ideas, or even any interest, to creating such a map, strictly for curiosity's sake? Or any ideas as to a good purpose for such a thing?

Let me know. Or, just flame away.

EDITED TO ADD: Well, it seems some people liked the idea, and started a map for our happy XD group here. Please go here and add your name and location to the database. Thanks!!

http://www.frappr.com/xdforummembers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

“A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.” [Delaware Constitution, Article I, § 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4469
I think it would be cool. It would be doubly interesting to see what happens with it on an annual basis. see where the affliction is spreading and how fast.

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain
aiformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 4886
If everyone put at least their state in their profile, it should be simple to dump out the # per state...

When seconds count, the police are only five minutes away.
------------------------------------
MY PARTIAL TOY LIST
XD-9 5" (Production)
XD-40 5" (Limited10)
SA 1911 Loaded (Limited10/SingleStack)
STI Spartan (Limited10/SingleStack)
Kahr PM9 (CCW) KT P3AT (CCW)

Remington 11-87 (Trap)
Remington 870 Express (HD/Trap)

Misc Rifles for fun and hunting
BBunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2640
Take your pick.

I "live" in Colorado.

However, I seem to be gone almost as much as home at the moment. If things keep going as they look, I will be home maybe 1 1/2 weeks out of the last 5.

Right now I am in Germany (Hamburg).

-Dana
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
Old Timer

Member #: 8517
Re: Our forum's geographic coverage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_delaware
Any ideas, or even any interest, to creating such a map, strictly for curiosity's sake? Or any ideas as to a good purpose for such a thing?

Let me know. Or, just flame away.
Here is a site to do just that.

http://www.frappr.com/

Its free, someone just needs to create the group and then post the link to the group and everyone can add them self to the map. Some of the other forums I go to use it.
A28621 IDPA ESP Sharpshooter
IDPA Safety Officer
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
My Multi-Cam, Multi-Angle Match Videos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

“Always be involved To Learn, To Teach, and To Share, what you are passionate about.”
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 5120
Ok. I started a map. here's the link:http://www.frappr.com/xdforummembers
I tried to get it to be a clickable link, but I couldn't get it to work. [/url]
resq854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 5378
http://www.frappr.com/xdforummembers
jalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 5120
Thank you!
resq854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
OK, I just added myself. Interesting map site. I had forgotten all about it. I had signed up on there w/ a different name for online gaming.

Now, to pass the word on to others here...

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

“A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.” [Delaware Constitution, Article I, § 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 8194
Neat idea! Thanks for the link, I'm in.

"Half of writing history is hiding the truth." -

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." - Padme Amidala
Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » New Member Welcome Center

Search tags for this page
bdmack
bdmack il
common sense so rare it's a super power
deadpool common sense it`s a super power
smith & wesson 69549

springfeild 1911 warthog

Click on a term to search for related topics.