• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New XDM Owner, Provo Utah

This is a discussion on New XDM Owner, Provo Utah within the New Member Welcome Center forums, part of the Information category; Just purchased the XDM 4.5 barrel in .9mm today. Very exited--it's been a long time coming; this is my first firearm purchase. The "M" was ...

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 48970
New XDM Owner, Provo Utah

Just purchased the XDM 4.5 barrel in .9mm today. Very exited--it's been a long time coming; this is my first firearm purchase. The "M" was a last minute splurge, I've shot all the normal XD models and loved them; the M just happened to be on sale and the dead hot trigger pull alone converted me at the counter, not to mention the match grade barrel and smaller grip insert that will be nice for my wife. That and aesthetically speaking, the bi-tone XDM is a beautiful weapon.

Any tips from experienced users on practicing and getting accustomed to my new pistol? I grew up doing some shooting with my dad and his Beretta, but this is the first time I've really had enough access to a firearm to really practice, per-se, and I definitely want to!

Also, do most XD/Ms have sketchy stock sights? The dots on my back sights are kind of blurred and blemished--not that big of a deal, and to late to return the pistol now. I'm probably going to replace them with something nicer anyways. Maybe Springfield would spot me a replacement back set if I make a claim?
Remove Ads
Old 09-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48236
Welcome Aboard from Miami Fl. I don't own an XDm I do own two XD's so I can't tell you anything about the XDm's. Enjoy your new toy.

From My Cold Dead Hands - Charlton Heston

XD9sc in OD Green
XD9 Tactical
Ruger LCP .380
Walther P990 .40 cal
Walther P22
S&W Model 587 .357mag
Savage HMR17
Marlin Model 60 22LR
Springfield 1903 30-06
Remington 1917 Enfield 30-06
S&W M&P 15 .223
Mosin Nagant 91/30 7.62X54R
Old 09-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 48119
Welcome to the forum, you sir have chosen one fine firearm.
I own both an XD and XDM in 9mm. Just have fun scanning all the threads, you will learn alot. One of the first threads i would research is anything on the "striker retainer pin", this seems to be a weakness of the XDM, nothing major. Just some good info on a solution(i knew nothing about this when i joined the forum).

Welcome again

We defend our President with guns We defend our Congressmen with guns We defend our Governors with guns We defend banks with guns We defend our courts with guns,We defend our children with a sign that says THIS IS A GUN FREE ZONE and then call someone with a gun if there's an emergency!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 38419
Welcome to the forum from Oregon!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Welcome from Ohio.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
Welcome from Florida

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46642
Welcome from Washington
Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
Welcome from Missouri, I think you will enjoy shooting your new XD(M). There is plenty of information around the forum, and you might search on 'grip' and 'trigger finger', seems like the XD family likes the finger to be kind of halfway between the tip of the finger and the first bend, more towards the end. Lots to read here..

An excellent training aid for those new to handgun shooting.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 41788
Welcome from just South of you!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44924
Welcome from the area!

You should check out the fun shoots at Rangemasters in Springville. Not only is it cheap entertainment, but you start handling your weapon in a stressful environment. It's very different from just standing and punching holes in paper.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Information » New Member Welcome Center

accustomed, defective, practicing, sights

Search tags for this page

ruger lcp provo

xd9 purchase utah

Click on a term to search for related topics.