• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Toyota GT-86 / Subaru BRZ - The return of the purists sportscar

This is a discussion on Toyota GT-86 / Subaru BRZ - The return of the purists sportscar within the Motor Sports forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; the test mule several months ago beat the last gen WRX STi on the track by a few seconds. The STi was faster than the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports » Toyota GT-86 / Subaru BRZ - The return of the purists sportscar

Old 12-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
the test mule several months ago beat the last gen WRX STi on the track by a few seconds. The STi was faster than the BMW 335 also. Imagine what its able to do with bigger tires and a turbocharger
Old 12-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 65207
What's the tq on it or tq curve?
XD_Texan_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #23
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD_Texan_Fan View Post
What's the tq on it or tq curve?
I think it's around 153 @ 6800

Pt 2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

How to: Duracoat your XDM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Rebirth of a XDM

When it comes to war, it's not about who's right....but who's left.........
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #24
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
the test mule several months ago beat the last gen WRX STi on the track by a few seconds. The STi was faster than the BMW 335 also. Imagine what its able to do with bigger tires and a turbocharger
It would be great if TRD would give a turbo option for the FR-S. I know that they offered a S/C for the tC

Pt 2

Rebirth of a XDM

Old 12-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #25
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
It would be great if TRD would give a turbo option for the FR-S. I know that they offered a S/C for the tC
I have the feeling that Scion will be supercharged and Subaru would be turbocharged. Both cars have different suspensions too for each company's handling philosophy.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #26
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 66815
Smile

Who said the purists sports car was ever gone? There's also the lotus and the Cayman, but i just thought i found an excuse to show my ride

I do think this car can be successful, as long as their respected manufacturers back it up with support as some.Trd and STi versions.
mannyfrommiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #27
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
I have the feeling that Scion will be supercharged and Subaru would be turbocharged. Both cars have different suspensions too for each company's handling philosophy.
S/C would be a pretty low cost route to go, 50+ would be nice, then again i haven't driven one yet. I used to drive pre-production vehicles at the last job and Toyota was one of our customers, sucks that they didn't send any to us ....

Pt 2

Rebirth of a XDM

Old 12-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 65001
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
Its interesting, does anyone remember the Saturn Sky or the Pontiac Solstice? How about the Subaru SVX? The sports car business is unique at best in the US. It is a nice looking car but the jury is out.

I strongly feel the failure of pontiac (Saturn is a sister company so they fall hand in hand) was due to their product line particularly as a whole. Did you see the sky or the soltstice??? Maunual tops with virtually no trunk to speak of...design was personal preference but not wildly popular...the GXP and redline for pontiac and saturn, respectively, IMO were the only upside to those cars just in that they offered more horsepower....still a car with zero practicality. When you really think about it, all cars, even sports cars, are judged to some extent on their practicality...that car was ridiculous. I remember the SVX. I think for this cars priceline, it should be a hit....I see plenty of scion TC's and they are near the same MSRP (relatively speaking). I will not be looking into this car but I have no doubt it should do well.
Whitebrad25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #29
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 65001
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyfrommiami View Post
Who said the purists sports car was ever gone? There's also the lotus and the Cayman, but i just thought i found an excuse to show my ride
I was very sad when news of no more S2000's and then Honda dropped off the thought of ever making another purist car. I am no make loyal individual, in fact I did not care for any Honda excluding the S2000 and obviously NSX, but I took that news as an insult to racing legends of their past. For shame. IMO Caymans never sit right with me...they can be had with 30k-40k miles for higher 30-40k pricetags near where I live and I just don't feel that the car gives you that bang for that buck like other cars in the market will.
Whitebrad25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #30
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 40901
Who said the purist sportscar is gone?

There is still the Lotus Elise (alas in its last year, then 2 year hiatus till the next gen).

190HP@1950 pounds.

As others have already said - those who only measure cars by HP only, unless its a straight line contest, are in for a surprise.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports

Search tags for this page
brz gear ratios
gt 86 final drive ratio
gt86 gear ratio

gt86 gear ratios

gt86 trunk

subaru brz gear ratios

toyota 86 gear ratios
toyota 86 gt 2013
toyota gt 86 for sale in houston

toyota gt 86 gear ratio

toyota gt 86 gear ratios
toyota gt 86 subaru brz

toyota gt 86 trunk

toyota gt86 gear ratio
toyota gt86 skid pad
toyota gt86 trunk
Click on a term to search for related topics.