• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Toyota GT-86 / Subaru BRZ - The return of the purists sportscar

This is a discussion on Toyota GT-86 / Subaru BRZ - The return of the purists sportscar within the Motor Sports forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD Have never thought of it in the mindset you have described, but guessing that can apply also. I'm just "old ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports » Toyota GT-86 / Subaru BRZ - The return of the purists sportscar

Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 56096
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
Have never thought of it in the mindset you have described, but guessing that can apply also. I'm just "old school". Where Corvettes, Camero's, Hemi Charger RST's, and now...the new Cadillac CTS V's still rule the roads. I wouldn't even waste my gas if I was challenged by one of these "small dispalcement" auto's with a exhaust tip the size of a pie plate, sounding like a swarm of bees.
Until you get spanked lol.

I used to have a 450whp civic that would blow the doors off a CTS-v

But in the end a civic is a civic and a caddy is a caddy(I drive a BMW now FWIW).

People grow up but that car was fun to drive if nothing but impractical.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 65001
That is the only reason I replied....just to add another mindset. I am not right or wrong in my subscription to that belief but when I drive my car, and I have all these D-bags in whatever car they drive, try to rev and race me on public roads....I consider them ricers. I wouldn't waste my gas 'racing' anyone on public roads...Now-a-days, it doesn't take a V8 to be fast though...I do like vettes and I have been following the C7 with what little info is available..and I don't care for camaros...partly because I know a kid who has one and is a total tool. The epitomy of a danger to society.
Whitebrad25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44924
I don't consider anything that only makes 200 hp a sports car. Maybe a coupe.
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
The FR-S is already up for grabs?
not out yet, that car has manufacturer plates, it will be a 2013 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
put a car like a BRZ vs a Mustang in an autocross event and see who wins. Who is the sports car then? To just look at power ratings is a bit silly.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
not out yet, that car has manufacturer plates, it will be a 2013 model
Ahh thanks, plenty of time to save up .....maybe.

Pt 2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

How to: Duracoat your XDM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Rebirth of a XDM

When it comes to war, it's not about who's right....but who's left.........
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #16
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post

"Maybe a coupe" -makes no sense.....It is a coupe.....that is a classification based on the style of the vehicle, not the ability...Coupe=2 doors...

Regardless of your biases, on an autocross course particularly, but even some HPDE courses, these lighter weight cars will dominate larger big displacement vehicles...now me, I am an enthusiast...I don't look at a car and immediately disregard it. I enjoy the fun that nimble, well engineered, purpose-built, dynamic handling cars can bring as much as I enjoy the roar of a V8 and the like.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #17
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebrad25 View Post
"Maybe a coupe" -makes no sense.....It is a coupe.....that is a classification based on the style of the vehicle, not the ability...Coupe=2 doors...

Regardless of your biases, on an autocross course particularly, but even some HPDE courses, these lighter weight cars will dominate larger big displacement vehicles...now me, I am an enthusiast...I don't look at a car and immediately disregard it. I enjoy the fun that nimble, well engineered, purpose-built, dynamic handling cars can bring as much as I enjoy the roar of a V8 and the like.
I didn't mean "maybe it's a coupe" as in it could be a coupe, but that I would call it a coupe. I wouldn't call it a sports car any more than I would call a Hyundai Tiburon or Nissan Altima Coupe a sports car.

I immediately disregard a car that size not based on any "riceness", but on my 6'1" 250lb frame. I can't get in easily, can't get out easily, and can't sit comfortably in something that size.
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #18
XDTalk 1K Member

I know from several owners of S2000's that even one with your frame will fit in an S2000....saw several threads weekly where someone would ask. Most modern sports cars have really well built seats, recaro or the like, and actually are quite comfortable for the bucket seat that they are. I am not sure your level of aptitude with sports cars but, generally speaking, they have come a long way even since the 90's.

And actually, the lower paragraph you quoted was to the thread as a whole, and no specific individual.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #19
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
the reviews are this good already and its using tires found on the Prius Touring, imagine what it can do with summer high performance tires and increasing the size to 225s

2013 Scion FR-S Review: Car Reviews

Old 12-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #20
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46969
Its interesting, does anyone remember the Saturn Sky or the Pontiac Solstice? How about the Subaru SVX? The sports car business is unique at best in the US. It is a nice looking car but the jury is out.
CPTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports

Search tags for this page
brz gear ratios
gt 86 final drive ratio
gt86 gear ratio

gt86 gear ratios

gt86 trunk

subaru brz gear ratios

toyota 86 gear ratios
toyota 86 gt 2013
toyota gt 86 for sale in houston

toyota gt 86 gear ratio

toyota gt 86 gear ratios
toyota gt 86 subaru brz

toyota gt 86 trunk

toyota gt86 gear ratio
toyota gt86 skid pad
toyota gt86 trunk
Click on a term to search for related topics.