• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild?

This is a discussion on What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild? within the Motor Sports forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; I haven't been able to capture the rarest of the cars I have seen (Ford GT, and the Lamborghini Gallardo) on camera, but this certainly ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports » What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild?

Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild?

I haven't been able to capture the rarest of the cars I have seen (Ford GT, and the Lamborghini Gallardo) on camera, but this certainly qualifies as rare.

A Plymouth Prowler

So XDTalkers, what's the rarest car you have found in the wild? No carshow queens here, I want to see something being driven around town, or in a parking lot that was driven there...

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55032
That was from rare around here (there was a shop nearby that worked on them all the time)..

I am in Houston so we see exotics daily.

The most exotic/rare of all, that I have seen, on our roads however was the Ferrari F40.

Twin Springfield XD(m) 4.5 9MM
- Veridian Green Laser on one
Taurus PT1911AR .45
Taurus TCP
Ruger LCR

psychocabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 33037
I live in a small town, but Ive seen a few ferraris and vipers here.
carhartt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31851
Seen plenty of Prowlers around here. Worked on a few Ford GT's. I hate those things now. Had to pull the trans out of one to put a clutch in, complete pain in the ass. Even an oil change is rediculous. Seen a decent amount on Lambos and Ferrari's around here too. My boss's sons bring their Ferrari and Audi R8 up to the shop every now and then.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 47117

We took a couple of bikes to the shelby shop for some dyno runs acouple months ago. I got a pic of this.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55032
I have tried to run against a MB SLR 722 as well but he didnt want any of it..

I know people with Vipers and ZR1s and Porsche Turbos so those are not rare.

Rare, IMO, are the crazy exotics..

Gallardo and Murci are fairly common.. I am but 10 miles max from the lambo dealership..

I did see a RR Phantom which is pretty rare and I was very impressed with.

If you tried to count the Bentlys around here on your hands, you would run out of fingers in 4 hours easy.

For those wondering, I live by The Woodlands.. so there are just too many people out here with too much damn money..

Twin Springfield XD(m) 4.5 9MM
- Veridian Green Laser on one
Taurus PT1911AR .45
Taurus TCP
Ruger LCR

psychocabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55936
Location: Crummy California the most unfair state in the union.
Oscar mayer wiener mobile!!!!!!

Oh and a 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV which I rode in.

They say you need to reach out and touch someone. Well you've been touched.

Never talk crap about your competition, especially when it comes to business. This will make your client/customer think less of you and your product.

~Tim Castrejon

O
ne
B ig
A ss
M istake
A merica

Retard is not an offensive statement if the statement about said retard is true.
Evil Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 43733
Bugatti at VMworld 2010 in San Fran.
Ferrari dealership across the road from where I work so there are a lot of "exotics".
I tried to goat a ferrari to race me when I was on my bike but he wouldn't play.
nlghthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
Here in Phoenix proper, Ferrari's are an occasional spot, rarely a Lambo. I have only seen maybe 2 Prowlers (incl this one). I don't live in or travel through more affluent area that often, so while I know there are some real exotics/hypercars/super luxe here in Phoenix, I just don't see them that often between my work (south PHX) and home (north central PHX).

Here everyone and their wanna be gangster cousin drives a Mercedes, so I don't include that as rare. I have seen the coupe Bentley hardtop. That really looks impressive. I did see a DeLorean a couple of weeks ago (complete with custom plate text like Back To The Future)

Ta2dave76: That GT-40 is sweet. I wonder if it is one of their kits? The body looks too good to be an original.

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
SRD
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13092
Living in CT ive seen Enzos, Mclaren F1, bugatti, 1967 shelby cobra non replica, model T, Ferrari F50, E type jaguar, vintage aston martin, Very easy to spot these cars in westport greenwich CT area.

-------------------------------------------------
Since my list was to long last time ill only put my favorite pistols

HKP7
CZ82
Browning Hi power
FN Hi power
Sig p232
Sig p220 Elite SS
NAA 22PUG
XD45
G19
G29
Norinco Ak47
FN PS90 SBR
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports

Search tags for this page

daytona coupe

daytona coupe pictures
early motor cars
original shelby daytona
rarest car
reo auto
reo speedwagon truck
reo speedwagon truck for sale

shelby daytona

shelby daytona coupe

shelby daytona coupe for sale
shelby daytona gt
Click on a term to search for related topics.