• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild?

This is a discussion on What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild? within the Motor Sports forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; I work in West Palm Beach, and our property borders the street that crosses onto Palm Beach's middle (and most traveled) bridge. It is a ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports » What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild?

Old 05-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #41
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 508
I work in West Palm Beach, and our property borders the street that crosses onto Palm Beach's middle (and most traveled) bridge.

It is a common occurrence to see all manner of exotics during 'season' (winter months). Bently's, Ferrari's, Maserati's and Roll's Royce's are nearly as common as a Focus or F-150!

West Palm Beach has a dealership for all the big names, Ferrari, Lamborgini, Roll's, etc. Kinda weird really.

No Guns, Know Crime.
Know Guns, No Crime!
So Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #42
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
This is an old family car that is in a cousin's uncle's (other side of family) barn. We were visiting a few years ago and he said, "Hey I want to show you an old, old car my dad bought new in the early 1900s"

It is called a REO, Motor Car Company. Some might know the name of the famous REO Speedwagon, who got their name from the auto maker, who also made trucks.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #43
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 26776
We have a Ferrari dealership up the road from me, so I see them frequently.
I'll see the ocasional lambo too. While visiting down in Miami I saw a Bugatti Veyron which sounds absolutely amazing.

I guess this isn't in the "wild" but still a sweet car. I took this picture at the Tampa Auto show.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #44
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 4212
As a deputy sheriff, I sometimes have to respond to people's houses to do VIN inspections so people can register or sell cars. I did a vin inspection at one guy's house on an old brass era car from france. the vin number was 423. he told me his car was one of 3 known surviving.

he also had a lot of old british cars stuffed in his basement that had me drooling, including a hard top AC Ace. in his back yard, under a pole barn, he had a crap load more british iron, and LOADS of cool parts.

Then last night, down the street from that guy on a call regarding an abonded POS car at the end of a driveway, I found some young guy working on a 1923 Locomobile Touring sedan. Wow! This thing barely made any noise from its ancient inline six while at idle, and sounded like a fan at high revs. But you could feel the power from the torque!

next to that were parked two original, in great shape, and running model T cars (one touring, one coupe). Very neat!

"Honey, how 'bout I lock you up on charges of aggrevated dumb slut with no future?"
-Det. Ray Carling "Life on Mars"

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding."
03RangerXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #45
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 14716
spent last week in Miami. saw a **** ton of nice cars. many lambos, bentleys and such. vipers. wow.
texas_rebel_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #46
XDTalk Member

Member #: 40788
triple tap
Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #47
XDTalk Member

triple tap

Last edited by Grifter; 05-17-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: stupid browser
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #48
XDTalk Member

Lambo Diablo is probably the most exotic I have seen in the wild. Or the porshce GT2 and GT3
There are a couple Murcialago (sp?) and Gullardo (sp?) that run around here, and some nice Ferrari's too.
There is a Bentley/Maserati dealer within 10 miles too, so those arent that rare around here either.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #49
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 49662
Talked to a guy about a truck and he had a '70 Challenger R/T 383 4-speed convertible. 1 of 100 or something close to those numbers, looked it up later. He was telling us he bought it off a little lady for $1000 because the top needed replaced. Still see that car in my dreams.
Fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #50
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
I spotted a De Lorean at a local dealership here (back lot, not or sale). I'll try to get pics in the next day or so.

Does anyone know why the stainless steel body panels (which were unpainted) made this such car such a pain to own?

Ask any parent with a stainless fridge what happens when people (kids) touch the metal. The fingerprints smudge like crazy causing discoloration until they are cleaned. Imagine having to carry cleaner to keep your car from having greasy fingerprints when you went somewhere because people would come up and touch the metal.

It's hard to look cool driving around in a car that is smudged up like someones fridge.

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports

Search tags for this page

daytona coupe

daytona coupe pictures
early motor cars
original shelby daytona
rarest car
reo auto
reo speedwagon truck
reo speedwagon truck for sale

shelby daytona

shelby daytona coupe

shelby daytona coupe for sale
shelby daytona gt
Click on a term to search for related topics.