• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild?

This is a discussion on What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild? within the Motor Sports forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; a maserati and delorean in houston....

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports » What's the rarest car you've spotted in the wild?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 5032
a maserati and delorean in houston.
Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #22
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 47117
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_eagle_scout View Post
Here in Phoenix proper, Ferrari's are an occasional spot, rarely a Lambo. I have only seen maybe 2 Prowlers (incl this one). I don't live in or travel through more affluent area that often, so while I know there are some real exotics/hypercars/super luxe here in Phoenix, I just don't see them that often between my work (south PHX) and home (north central PHX).

Here everyone and their wanna be gangster cousin drives a Mercedes, so I don't include that as rare. I have seen the coupe Bentley hardtop. That really looks impressive. I did see a DeLorean a couple of weeks ago (complete with custom plate text like Back To The Future)

Ta2dave76: That GT-40 is sweet. I wonder if it is one of their kits? The body looks too good to be an original.
No that is not a kit. They said it was from the 60s. I forget who they said owned it but they race it in the vintage events. I don't like ford, but man there was some cool stuff in that shop.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse86 View Post
Yah I got to sit in an original 66 ac cobra. Not a kit car. I really can't think of a more rare car.
60's Shelby Daytona racer

They only built 6, one of which was driven around LA by Phil Spector (the record producer), until he had to sell it because of the number of traffic tickets he got in it. The same car also was missing for 30 years after a subsequent owner put it in a storage unit. In 2001 the owner committed suicide by self immolation (burning oneself to death). Due to its estimated worth of over $4,000,000 USD the car was part of an extensive legal battle between the owner's mother who sold the car to a collector in Pennsylvania, and a friend of the owner who was the recipient in her will of the contents of the storage unit.

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #24
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 17640
I have seen a De Lorean and a Ford GT40 on the road also. In addition I did see one of those electric Teslas (sp.?) on the freeway.
Three .45 1911s
and a whole bunch of other stuff
NRA Life Member
RudyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #25
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
Shoot, how much space have we got? Being a professional driver in one capacity or another around the whole Phoenix metro area you see quite a few, especially in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley. Unfortunately, I'm usually too busy dodging my fellow motorists to take pics. A few I remember off the top of my head:

Numerous Lambos
Ferraris, old and new (including my favorite, the 288 GTO)
Bugatti Veyron
Classic Bugattis, including a $5m 1950's Mille Miglia (sp?) racer
Genuine Cobras
ZR-1 Vettes
A couple Panteras
Ford GT's
A sprinkling of Aston Martins, including a DB5 and the newer Vanquish and Vantage
Vintage Big 3 muscle cars--take your pick
AMC Matadors and AMX's
A few Prowlers, including a couple with the little color-matched trailer they offered
The occasional Avanti

There are others. Arizona's a mecca for classic cars and collectors. The dry air means no rust, and there's six nice months out of the year for driving the older rides that are more weather-sensitive.
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #26
CGP
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52344
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTOWN stunna View Post
a maserati and delorean in houston.
LOL, I saw a Delorean speeding on HWY 290.
CGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
XDTalk 85K Member

Member #: 14053
Although not necessarily "rare", we had two Maybachs parked side-by-side (father and son) in our parking lot a few years back. They belonged to the family that donated the money to construct our new College of Business building.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #28
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGP View Post
LOL, I saw a Delorean speeding on HWY 290.
Did he get to 88 mph? haha

There is a Delorean shop/garage/dealer off 59 and beltway 8 on the east side of town

I saw a Lamborghini and a Ferrari both heading N up 45 towards Dallas
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 36912
The car I was probably conceived in . Wish my dad did not sell it !!!! All because GAS prices were going through the roof ( .57 cents a gallon at the time '75 ) and it was not a family car . 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner Hemi
19cohiba75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #30
XDTalk Member

Member #: 55411
I wish it excited me like it used to : /

After working in a 5 Star hotel, and in Beverly Hills no less, I saw Rolls Royce, Lambo's, Aston Martins of all sorts, Bentlys, etc. on a daily basis, (and more than one, sometimes more than one at a TIME!!!)

I used to want a Lamborghini Diablo, but after seeing so many Murcielagos and Gallardos, I just don't care any more.

The rarest I've seen (even in Beverly Hills, to this day I've only seen one) is the Bugatti Veyron.
MrRich724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports

Search tags for this page

daytona coupe

daytona coupe pictures
early motor cars
original shelby daytona
rarest car
reo auto
reo speedwagon truck
reo speedwagon truck for sale

shelby daytona

shelby daytona coupe

shelby daytona coupe for sale
shelby daytona gt
Click on a term to search for related topics.