• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

CVT Transmission ?'s on 2007 Sentra

This is a discussion on CVT Transmission ?'s on 2007 Sentra within the Motor Sports forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; Does anyone on here have a 2007+ Nissan Sentra? I am at 30k on mine and the service book says to do a Transmission fluid ...

Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
CVT Transmission ?'s on 2007 Sentra

Does anyone on here have a 2007+ Nissan Sentra?

I am at 30k on mine and the service book says to do a Transmission fluid change. Having never owned a CVT before I was wondering if anyone here had any experience dealing with them.

So far what I have learned is:
  • The current (from Nissan Parts) fluid is a clear/green, and that some of the Murano and Altima's came with red fluid. (just to confuse things)
  • Apparently the dealer checks the viscosity of the fluid to check to see if it needs replacing. If it is good to go, then no change.
  • The fluid is apprently quit a bit more expensive than regular ATF. A full flush is about $120 work of fluid alone, and at my local dealer the service is $259 with an online coupon! It's $360 regularly! Yeesh!

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 17248
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_eagle_scout View Post
Does anyone on here have a 2007+ Nissan Sentra?

I am at 30k on mine and the service book says to do a Transmission fluid change. Having never owned a CVT before I was wondering if anyone here had any experience dealing with them.

So far what I have learned is:
  • The current (from Nissan Parts) fluid is a clear/green, and that some of the Murano and Altima's came with red fluid. (just to confuse things)
  • Apparently the dealer checks the viscosity of the fluid to check to see if it needs replacing. If it is good to go, then no change.
  • The fluid is apprently quit a bit more expensive than regular ATF. A full flush is about $120 work of fluid alone, and at my local dealer the service is $259 with an online coupon! It's $360 regularly! Yeesh!
It is different fluid because it is a totally different kind of transmission. I would definitely suggest having the fluid serviced. However, you do not have to use a dealer to do the service. Look up your nearest service center that uses BG chemicals. They can do the service and it may be a couple hundred bucks cheaper.
The 2A wasn’t meant to allow public citizens to keep and bear arms. If it had there would have been wording such as 'The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' -Ken Konecki

Tally XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 45882
I also highly recommend that you just replace the fluids and not perform a tranny flush. The Dealer, not Nissan, recommends this service as it is a big money maker. You can possibly have severe problems arise to your tranny / motor after having this service performed.
"God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
bearcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
It is different fluid because it is a totally different kind of transmission. I would definitely suggest having the fluid serviced. However, you do not have to use a dealer to do the service. Look up your nearest service center that uses BG chemicals. They can do the service and it may be a couple hundred bucks cheaper.
Coming from a mechanic... Tally Xd has it right. Routine maitenance sucks to pay for sometimes, especially at the 30k mile intervals, but it's worth it in the long run if you plan on holding onto your car for awhile. At 30k, your tranny wont be filthy, but you'll want to clean out any filth that has accumulated. A little filth will only create more filth if left alone. No you don't have to go through a dealer but you will want BG cleaners and additives used, they work. Just my .02
MichaelHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 17248
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcave View Post
I also highly recommend that you just replace the fluids and not perform a tranny flush. The Dealer, not Nissan, recommends this service as it is a big money maker. You can possibly have severe problems arise to your tranny / motor after having this service performed.
If you have regular services done to your engine and tranny there should be no harmful side effects from having a flush performed. Flushing regularly is recommended. Flushing an engine or tranny once in a vehicles lifetime is asking for trouble.
The 2A wasn’t meant to allow public citizens to keep and bear arms. If it had there would have been wording such as 'The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' -Ken Konecki

Tally XD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Motor Sports

Search tags for this page

2007 nissan sentra 2.0 transmission fluid

2007 nissan sentra cvt fluid low

2007 nissan sentra cvt transmission fluid change

2007 nissan sentra transmission fluid

2007 nissan sentra transmission fluid type

2007 nissan sentra transmission just quit
2007 sentra talk forums

2007 sentra transmission fluid

how much transmission fluid does a 2007 nissan sentra use
how to top up transmission fluid in sentra 2007
i need a nissan sentra cvt transmission 2007

sentra cvt fluid change

sentra transmission flush
what is sentra transaxle 07

what kind of transmission fluid for 2007 nissan sentra

what transmission fluid do i need for 2010 nissan sentra
Click on a term to search for related topics.