• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Para Expert Carry Review and First Range Trip

This is a discussion on Para Expert Carry Review and First Range Trip within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I picked up a new Para Expert Carry from Academy here in Austin, Texas. I really had no idea what to expect in that the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911 » Para Expert Carry Review and First Range Trip

Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46969
Para Expert Carry Review and First Range Trip

Para Expert Carry Review and First Range Trip-para.jpg

Para Expert Carry Review and First Range Trip-po1.jpg

I picked up a new Para Expert Carry from Academy here in Austin, Texas. I really had no idea what to expect in that the older small Para's have had a bad reputation. My new Para cost $699. In this case the QA was excellent.

My initial range work was with the CZ PO1 (9mm) to get settled back in on the range. It has been over a year since I went to a range, mainly due to getting things in order after my wife's sudden death.

The CZ PO1 was reliable and accurate as ever. It is a fine all metal pistol and everything as usual went very well. The CZ PO1 is on the white target.

The Para Expert Carry may be a bit hard to see with a blued 1911 on a black target. I was very curious about how well that I would do with it with a 3" barrel and a relatively lightweight pistol.

The whole range event went very well with no issues whatsoever. The Para comes with two 8 round magazines (there is a Para promotion until December 31, 2013 that includes a range bag, cleaning kit, and two additional magazines).

The sight picture with Para standard sights was excellent. I cannot really complain about that at all.

The Para's light weight and balance was excellent. It fit my hands well and returned to the target well after each shot. This was a key issue that I was concerned about. Recoil for me was quite manageable. The sights were clear and really worked quite well.

Fit, form, and function were equally superb. The trigger was comfortable. Actually superior to the CZ PO1. The reliability and accuracy were flawless.

Every round in both pistols fired. They were inexpensive Walmart Tula Brass Maxx for both weapons. There was no issue whatsoever with the PO1 (expected) and none at all with the Para (an unknown with a new 1911).

The bottom line is that the Para Expert Carry is a highly recommended pistol for concealed carry.[URL="http://para-usa.com/2013/firearms/expert/expertCarry.php"]
CPTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 44190
Nice review. Sorry to hear about your wife's passing.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 74119
Glad you're back on the range and the Para is working out. You hear a mixed message on Para's. Sorry about your wife passing.
Numerous P series Sig's (X5 Allround, MK25, P220 Super Match) and 1911's (Nighthawk Dominator, SA TRP, SW Performance Center 1911, Dan Wesson VBob) SW N frame PC revolvers (627, 629), CZ75, XDs, and a few other guns laying around. Allahglockbar!
Snaphook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 81882
Thanks for the review. Sorry about your loss

I lost all my weapons in a boating accident on Lake Erie last summer. Very tragic.
DJM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

Search tags for this page
expert carry reviews
para 1911 expert carry review
para 1911 expert carry reviews
para expert 1911 review

para expert carry

para expert carry 1911
para expert carry 1911 review

para expert carry review

para expert carry reviews
para expert carry specs
para expert review
para ordnance expert carry review
Click on a term to search for related topics.