• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Citadel 1911 45 acp compact

This is a discussion on Citadel 1911 45 acp compact within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Anyone have one? Do you like it? I have a possible trade for one. Thanks for any fast responses. I want to change the grips ...

Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84432
Citadel 1911 45 acp compact

Anyone have one? Do you like it? I have a possible trade for one. Thanks for any fast responses. I want to change the grips to black.
xDeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 86807
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. It would also help to know what you are trading with.

But... I am a former citadel 1911 owner, and I can say it is the only 1911 I've owned that i wanted to get rid of. Keep in mind the beauty of 1911's is the feel that no two guns are identical. Well mine I would like to hope not. First 200 rounds= several misfeeds, several double feeds, multiple "full auto" events. It was accurate and liked the sights, but I am not okay with a gun randomly going full rambo mode. I had it exchanged for a new one. This had issues with failure to lock slides and double feeds. I got rid of it shortly after.

Keep in mind, the one you could get could be pistol nirvana (like most 1911's) but the citadel is not for me.

Make the little things count; teach arithmetic to dwarfs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
azfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 86807
And for the record, I am a HUGE ria fan.

Make the little things count; teach arithmetic to dwarfs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
azfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84432
Yikes, now I'm gonna rethink this.
xDeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 87552
I used to have the Citadel compact, but wound up trading it for my XD40 Service model. For some reason, the slide stop would work itself loose when shooting and it had trouble extracting/ejecting. I bought a new slide stop, tried adjusting the extractor tension and replaced the recoil springs, but still had problems. I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore and let it go. I have a Citadel full size that runs beautifully, but for some reason the little Citadel didn't wouldn't run well for me. It's a shame too. The little guy was very accurate when it did shoot.
DMDemiurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 21003
I have one, and have absolutely no complaints.
tialloydragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

Search tags for this page
.45 citadel review

citadel 1911 compact

citadel 1911 compact .45 review
citadel 1911 compact 45acp review
citadel 1911 compact problems

citadel 1911 compact review

citadel 1911 review
citadel 45 acp compact review
citadel 45 compact
citadel 45 compact review

citadel compact 1911

citadel compact 1911 review

citadel compact 1911 reviews
citadel cs 1911
reviews for citadel 45 compact
used citadel 1911
Click on a term to search for related topics.