• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

kimber vs. sig

This is a discussion on kimber vs. sig within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I vote Sig, out of the Scorpion and all of the other Kimbers Ive seen, the Sig Scorpion 1911 had the tightest finish. Also have ...

Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #41
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63302
I vote Sig, out of the Scorpion and all of the other Kimbers Ive seen, the Sig Scorpion 1911 had the tightest finish. Also have heard bad things about Kimbers CS. I love the tactical look of the Sig and it has more bang for the buck IMO

Last edited by XDguru; 11-06-2012 at 07:20 AM.
XDguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #42
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57025
i've had problems with Kimber CS. Love my SA RO and RIA.
Huski92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #43
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71138
I haven't gotten my hands on a Sig Scorpion yet. Would love to. Not having shot one, couldn't give an opinion other than I like the way it looks better than the KDW. If I was buying based on looks alone, I'd go Sig.

I have had A LOT of range time with a Kimber Desert Warrior though. One of my shooting buddies has one. I usually bring extra .45's with me to the range when he comes just so I can shoot it. I, personally, have put between 200 and 300 rounds of .45 through it (doesn't sound like a whole lot, but really is for a gun that I don't own), and probably around 5k rounds of 22LR through it as he also has Kimber's 22LR conversion kit. Every time I've pulled the trigger it has performed flawlessly. He has put easily a couple thousand rounds through it himself of .45 and no telling how many rounds of 22LR. That doesn't count all the rounds that our other shooting buddies have ran through it as well as other people that happen to be at the range and ask "Hey man, sweet gun, can I run a few rounds through it?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
My Toys:
Springfield XD9 Service Model
Springfield XD45 Compact
Springfield XDs 45ACP (EDC)
Sig Sauer P226 MK25
Colt Match Competition HBAR II
MSAR STG-556
A few more that arent listed....
Devin.Morris.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #44
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48317
Quote:
Originally Posted by zWarlord View Post
I tried Kimber twice and both times the guns were miserable failiures. Now i'm not one of those MIM bandwagon haters, but in my case both times faliures were directly a result of MIM parts failures. I wont ever buy Kimber again because of it. So by simple elimination i would say Sig.
I did however buy a Colt Combat Elite myself, and i love that gun.
My Compact CDP II has been flawless, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Kimber. There is a lot of information out there bashing what is really a pretty good pistol. zWarlord, I respect what you have to say since you have first hand problems, but a lot of folks are doing nothing more than resusitating what they have read on the internet. Folks need to spend more time shooting and less time on forums If the OP reads long enough he will find folks complaining about issues with SIG. After all, noone makes a perfect pistol with no problems. I believe that the OP would be happy with either choice (provided he got a good pistol).
Illusive Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #45
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 82273
I recently had a Kimber Custom Target and Sig Stainless Rail 1911 side by side on the counter at the local shop. Granted my limited experience, I couldn't see or feel much difference. As a given, the Kimber Target was a nice gun but, it's at the lower end of the their line. I chose the Sig and haven't had an ounce of buyers remorse. I added the maxie-well and grips.

Last edited by willieH; 11-23-2012 at 04:15 AM.
willieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #46
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79929
If these are your two choices, go with Sig. I know two people who have never had their Kimbers working properly. One local LEO (acting chief) drove 200 miles to trade his off recently. Everyone in 3 counties knew it was crap. That said, I have a cousin-in-law that has a good one. Their quality is hit and miss. I personally have Dan Wessons I love.
DWHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #47
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45744
Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
I must've got the other one lol. 3 years with my Custom II and over 3k rounds through her without a single issue. How many people on here are throwing out bold statements about Kimber in negative tone without anything to back it up. Most of us that own Kimber have never had an issue with ours and I've seen the couple of members on xdtalk that did have issues send theirs back to the factory and have excellent customer service and get their weapons back within a short period of time (even a couple of people who have owned their gun for more than a year which is the "warranty" life of Kimbers). I stand by mine 100%. I've heard great things about Sigs as well but you ultimately have to go with the one you like the most. Which one fits in your hand better, has sights that you like more, is more to your price range, and that you won't regret buying? That's the one you should get.

Nope. I have a Custom TLEII. More than a thousand rounds without issue. I trust it as much as my Les Baer and Wilson Combat guns. Its nearly as accurate as well.

Most who bad-mouth Kimber always sart with "I've heard... I have a friend who's cousin's mother's boyfriend... etc etc etc"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

1911, kimber, scorpion, sig

Search tags for this page
kimber desert warrior vs sig scorpion
kimber ultra or sig ultra compact
kimber ultra vs sig compact

kimber vs sig

kimber vs sig 1911
sig 1911 desert review
sig 1911 ultra compact review
sig sauer 1911 c3 vs kimber pro carry 2
sig sauer 1911 desert review
sig sauer 1911 review
sig sauer 1911 ultra compact reviews
sig sauer 1911 ultra compact vs kimber
sig scorpion vssa ro
sig ultra compact 1911 review
sig vs kimber 1911
which 1911 better a sig or a kimber
Click on a term to search for related topics.