• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

kimber vs. sig

This is a discussion on kimber vs. sig within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I have experience with neither. However, reputations precede themselves, and would spend my money with Sig....

Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #31
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
I have experience with neither.

However, reputations precede themselves, and would spend my money with Sig.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50068
Just bought my second Sig 1911...

I've now got a Ultra Compact to carry when I cant get away with the full sized railed nitron. I just love everything about the guns, even the squared off looks. No malfs, so no gripes with the external extractor, ymmv
kalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #33
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 75787
Smile

I have a Sig Ultra and love it!
3.3 inch barrel.
Over 600 rounds with no FTF or FTE.
I ordered a Mitch Rosen holster and it fits like a glove.
KentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #34
Old Timer

Member #: 42730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickboy240 View Post
Going on four years now and my Kimber TLE II has STILL yet to hiccup or give me a lick of trouble. Reliable and very accurate...right out of the box.

I think I got the only good Kimber! LOL

- brickboy240
I must've got the other one lol. 3 years with my Custom II and over 3k rounds through her without a single issue. How many people on here are throwing out bold statements about Kimber in negative tone without anything to back it up. Most of us that own Kimber have never had an issue with ours and I've seen the couple of members on xdtalk that did have issues send theirs back to the factory and have excellent customer service and get their weapons back within a short period of time (even a couple of people who have owned their gun for more than a year which is the "warranty" life of Kimbers). I stand by mine 100%. I've heard great things about Sigs as well but you ultimately have to go with the one you like the most. Which one fits in your hand better, has sights that you like more, is more to your price range, and that you won't regret buying? That's the one you should get.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #35
XDTalk Member

Member #: 66109
I have a Kimber ultra carry 11 cdp with over 1,000 rounds thru it without a single problem.
M&P 15-22
M&P 9mm 4.25
c6z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #36
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75302
I have a Kimber SS Pro Carry II that I purchased over six years ago and I can attest, like many of the Kimber owners that have posted before me, that I have not had any problems -- reliable and accurate, use factory and Wilson Combat 47 mags, and I meticulously clean and maintain my girl.
Charlie-Echo-Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #37
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
The reason I rolled the dice on my TLE II instead of buying another Colt was the fact that I had borrowed three separate Kimbers from different people and had really great experiences with the guns.

Oh sure, many on the web said these gun were not very good or problematic but my personal experiences were 180 degrees in the other direction.

I am around 3000 rounds through the TLE II and the thing has not hiccuped once. Using the Kimber Kim-Pro Tac Mag, Wilson 47Ds and a Metalform mag...the thing gobbles up ammo like mad. It is also very accurate.

Surprised me, but the Kimber I took a chance on is really growing on me.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #38
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48317
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocan View Post
Kimber has the worst % malfunction rate out of the box of any 1911, heck I think of any commercially available firearms.

Lots of good 1911s, Sigs are fine.
Kimber make more 1911's than any other maker. I have a Kimber with almost 1000 rounds without a single failure of any kind. I have friends who have Kimbers with the same success. I'm sure the Sig is a fine gun, but don't discount the Kimber.
Illusive Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #39
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 75261
I was looking t buy a 1911 45 acp at my local lgs. He had a sa (px9151) as well as his wn kimber tle he santed to sell. I paid a $10 rental fee for both guns. I shot the sa first and loved it as I found it to be accurate and soft shooting (230 grt fmj pmc in both guns). I sht his kimber tle next and found it to be more accurate. But, it was an unfair comarison as the sa was a rental and the kimber was his own gun with obviously much less use.

'Free Speech Zones" confuse Obamaphone owners who roam streets in search of additional air minutes
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #40
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 22304
I tried Kimber twice and both times the guns were miserable failiures. Now i'm not one of those MIM bandwagon haters, but in my case both times faliures were directly a result of MIM parts failures. I wont ever buy Kimber again because of it. So by simple elimination i would say Sig.
I did however buy a Colt Combat Elite myself, and i love that gun.
zWarlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

1911, kimber, scorpion, sig

Search tags for this page
kimber desert warrior vs sig scorpion
kimber ultra or sig ultra compact
kimber ultra vs sig compact

kimber vs sig

kimber vs sig 1911
sig 1911 desert review
sig 1911 ultra compact review
sig sauer 1911 c3 vs kimber pro carry 2
sig sauer 1911 desert review
sig sauer 1911 review
sig sauer 1911 ultra compact reviews
sig sauer 1911 ultra compact vs kimber
sig scorpion vssa ro
sig ultra compact 1911 review
sig vs kimber 1911
which 1911 better a sig or a kimber
Click on a term to search for related topics.