• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

1911 Tri-lema

This is a discussion on 1911 Tri-lema within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I've had several Kimbers and they have all been excellent, still have a Grand Raptor. But I picked up a STI Guardian and it is ...

Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #11
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 70162
I've had several Kimbers and they have all been excellent, still have a Grand Raptor. But I picked up a STI Guardian and it is fantastic, very very accurate.
andrsnsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69698
The STI Guardian looks very nice. But the STI Spartan is a lower grade made in the Philipines by armscor, and I believe the RI is made there also. Kimber's customer service is top notch, the one year warranty is not really an issue.
bobolueb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
If you peruse the 1911 Kimber forums, you will find that the lower tier Kimbers (Custom II, TLE, etc.) are the ones that are less troublesome. I know my TLE II has been stellar. I honestly did not think it would turn out to be this good but it is what it is! LOL

Going on 4 years and have never needed their warranty or customer service...the thing just keeps on shooting and shooting well.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
I would try the Mil-Spec in that price range.

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57025
SA GI is great, but no features. Might be good for a first 1911 to see what you may want in the future. A Mil Spec would be better sights and upgrades . The Range officer is a great gun for the money.

Don't have any experience with the R1, but good write ups.

Not a Kimber fan. Had one and had alot of problems with it and bad CS. Got it fixed, on my own and gave it to a buddy. It's now GTG, but I just don't like them now. Way too many other good 1911's on the market.

I like my Rock Island. Really good gun for the money.

Good luck...you will do good with any that you have listed.
Huski92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 67712
A buddy of mine won a SA GI at a competition and said that the slide had to be machined to accept new sights. Not sure if he did it to accommodate a particular sight or if he was unable to find any replacement sights at all. He had to have the front and rear re-dovetailed, then the slide had to be refinished, and when it didn't match the frame he had the frame done too. $$$.

I won a SA GI in 2010 and based on his experience I decided not to try to modify it. With the original sights it didn't really work for anything I'd want to use it for, so rather than sell my first gun won at competition I decided to give it to my dad, who's only ever owned long guns, as a 60th birthday gift. When I showed it to him he got pretty emotional, then explained that it was probably identical to what his dad carried in WWII. I hadn't even thought about that. Definitely one of the coolest experiences of my life!
AustinOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 65879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickboy240 View Post
If you peruse the 1911 Kimber forums, you will find that the lower tier Kimbers (Custom II, TLE, etc.) are the ones that are less troublesome. I know my TLE II has been stellar. I honestly did not think it would turn out to be this good but it is what it is! LOL

Going on 4 years and have never needed their warranty or customer service...the thing just keeps on shooting and shooting well.

- brickboy240
+1 ^^^^
My TLE II has been a trouble free tack driver and it just feels right in your hands.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
wgedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 63401
Kimber. Bought mine used for $650, had it refinished in Cerakote. Not one problem yet, love it!

UnspokenVendetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

1911, kimber, remington r1, springfield

Search tags for this page
1911 cerakote

1911 pistol cerakote

before and after slide refinished 1911
ceracoat glock

cerakote 1911

cerakote glock
cerakote ultra raptor
colt 45 refinish cerakote
fn cerakote
glock cerakote
kimber 1911 cerakote
kimber tle cerakote

refinished 1911

ruger lc9 cerakote
sti guardian vs, kimber stainless pro carry ii
Click on a term to search for related topics.