• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Holster for 1911 Rail Gun with Streamlight?

This is a discussion on Holster for 1911 Rail Gun with Streamlight? within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Greetings, 1911 fans - It's true-it is a disease. I took the plunge and got another 1911. Saw it at the fun store, and, well, ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911 » Holster for 1911 Rail Gun with Streamlight?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39862
Question Holster for 1911 Rail Gun with Streamlight?

Greetings, 1911 fans -

It's true-it is a disease. I took the plunge and got another 1911. Saw it at the fun store, and, well, I had to have it.

Rock Island Armory Tactical 2011. Added a Streamlight TLR-2 as well. Link for image: 1911 .45 ACP Rock Island Tactical - 2011 Series - with Night Sights #AC-RI1911-2011-NS

So, my question is-can anyone recommend a source for a hip holster that can accommodate the light as well? Just something standard, ballistic nylon or something like that.

Thank you for any assistannce.
RodsnRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Over 50 views...

...and nothing? Nobody? Bueller...?

*sigh*

Well, I have done a little research, so maybe this will help someone.

Safariland offers the 5187 (hip holster) and 6004 (leg holster).

Comp-tac and Raven Containment Systems also offer holsters. All of these are either kydex or plastic. Not really interested in these.

Rafter S holsters I have sent a message to, awaiting response.

Then I found Silver Star. Had good e-mail communication and he is going to e-mail some sample photos. We shall see. This is a custom made leather holster.

Anyone have any ideas, please advise. Thanks, and have a good day.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Actually, since I also have a RIA 2011--and love it--I'm also interested to see what's out there. I've got a Insight WX150 mounted on mine.

Although I have no issue with Kydex...does the Safariland belt holster have retention systems (I'm hoping it doesn't...)?

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57957
Depending on what you wanna spend, I recommend Brigade Gun Leather...he is a site sponsor on here as well and hand makes all his holsters...Troy is the guy to talk to, he can set you up with what you need and will treat you right.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
XDm_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Actually, since I also have a RIA 2011--and love it--I'm also interested to see what's out there. I've got a Insight WX150 mounted on mine.

Although I have no issue with Kydex...does the Safariland belt holster have retention systems (I'm hoping it doesn't...)?
Yes, I really like mine. Very accurate. I like the Rocks-good value.

I don't believe the Safariland 5187 has a retention system. Here's a link:

Model 5187 Belt Holster for Pistols | Safariland™

ETA-I don't believe the Safariland 5187 will accommodate the light-just for a Rail Gun.

And thanks, XDm_Shooter. I will check them out as well.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsnRides View Post
Yes, I really like mine. Very accurate. I like the Rocks-good value.

I don't believe the Safariland 5187 has a retention system. Here's a link:

Model 5187 Belt Holster for Pistols | Safariland™

And thanks, XDm_Shooter. I will check them out as well.
Anytime! I'm sure you can find something there that will suit your needs! He has a ton of pics up too so you can see his work...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
XDm_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49345
I have an order in with Raven Concealment..I should get my holster sometime this decade

SA XDm -- SA XD9sc -- SA TRP -- SA Loaded 9mm -- SA EMP
Berreta 92FS -- S&W .38
AR15 w/ Aimpoint
B. Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDm_Shooter View Post
Depending on what you wanna spend, I recommend Brigade Gun Leather...he is a site sponsor on here as well and hand makes all his holsters...Troy is the guy to talk to, he can set you up with what you need and will treat you right.
Thanks XDm_Shooter for the referral. I contacted Troy at BGL and he sent me photos of a recently completed holster for a Glock with light. Holster looked really good, nice leather and tidy stitchwork. Had a good conversation, I sent him links to the gun (as above) and light, and he sounded really keen to take this on. So I have gone ahead and placed an order with them.

I'm currently engaged overseas on a work assignment, but home close to Thanksgiving and should have the holster and provide a report on it then.

More to come. Thanks again for the reference. I am confident I will be pleased with the result.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

Search tags for this page
1911 colt rail trl 2 stream light holster
colt 45 rail gun holsters

conceal hoster .1911 45 cal.rock island

holster colt rail gun

holster for 1911 with streamlight

holster for rail gun with light

holster for ria 1911 with rail

holster for ria 2011

holster for ria 20111911 tactical 45 acp

holster for rock river 1911 45 rail gun
holster to fit 1911 with rail mounted streamlight m3
leather holsters for colt 45 rail guns
paddle holster for rock island 1911 tactical with full rail

rock island armory 1911 tactical holster

tlr 1 on 1911 rock island
what safariland holster works on the colt rail gun
Click on a term to search for related topics.