• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Your opinion?

This is a discussion on Your opinion? within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Originally Posted by KylarStern Ok I'm looking to get my first 1911 it will be awhile before that happens but I want to be ready ...

Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 25575
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylarStern View Post
Ok I'm looking to get my first 1911 it will be awhile before that happens but I want to be ready when the time comes. I want to get something relatively inexpensive so I can afford to do some custumization. I've narrowed it down to two (but suggestions are welcome) the Springfield GI or STI Spartan if you could only have one (which this will probably be my only one) which would be your choice?
Both can be customized later on down the road. But, for the time being, you'll be happier with the Spartan over the GI or the Mil-Spec. WAY better sights and better features.
Remove Ads
Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 22307
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
Between the GI and Spartan. Spartan hands down. I would even put it up against the Mil-spec IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeOU1 View Post
Both can be customized later on down the road. But, for the time being, you'll be happier with the Spartan over the GI or the Mil-Spec. WAY better sights and better features.
Spartan, hands down. No mods needed.
scooterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #13
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 31254
Since you're asking for our opinion, I would lean towards a Spartan.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Eph 2:10)

KAIZENBOI's USPSA Videos:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Freedom Gunworks Shooting Team
USPSA TY64352
kaizenboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

1911, springfield, sti

Search tags for this page

lc9 brass shavings

sti trojan#gsc.tab

Click on a term to search for related topics.