• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Kimber vs Taurus

This is a discussion on Kimber vs Taurus within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; So me and my buddy went shooting today. Prob put close to 300 rounds through our 1911's each. Both shot each others and mine(Kimber) is ...

Old 12-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502
Kimber vs Taurus

So me and my buddy went shooting today. Prob put close to 300 rounds through our 1911's each. Both shot each others and mine(Kimber) is just a little bit more accurate than his(Taurus). When it comes to cleaning im sure glad I have a Kimber. To take the fire pin, fire pin spring, and extractor out of his Taurus is a pain in the @$$. I will NEVER own a Taurus just cause of this feature.

That is all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 20695
Every time my roommate and I go shooting the Kimber (me) vs. Taurus (him) discussion comes up. They are both good but the Kimber has the better fit and finish and more accurate for both of us. I paid more for the gun and got a better product. Taurus is a great entry level 1911, much better than the RIA Tactical I had.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Car Salesman
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15115
Question is......is the Kimber Double the price better?

USPSA-A59201
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 20695
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
Question is......is the Kimber Double the price better?
Mine wasn't double the price, Stainless II.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Car Salesman
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 13287
I guess it depends on which Kimber one buys. When I got mine almost a year ago, the Kimber was only about $150 more than the Taurus.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson

Gun owner's prayer....
"Oh Lord, if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her they cost."

longtalltechsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 21415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGuy45 View Post
So me and my buddy went shooting today. Prob put close to 300 rounds through our 1911's each. Both shot each others and mine(Kimber) is just a little bit more accurate than his(Taurus). When it comes to cleaning im sure glad I have a Kimber. To take the fire pin, fire pin spring, and extractor out of his Taurus is a pain in the @$$. I will NEVER own a Taurus just cause of this feature.

That is all.
Why?

What did Taurus change?

This Veteran is heavily medicated for your safety.

A lot not alot or allot
Threw, through, thru know the difference.
Your, you're
An or and
There, their, they're

Homonyms work sheet

List of homonyms

Cannibul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 13774
That's like comparing a pile of gold to a pile of horse sh*t

I'd never own a Taurus auto because my life is worth a few extra bucks . And in the scheme of things, yes it's just a few extra bucks. I never skimp on mags either (how does National mags stay in business?)
Myk9noseknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41187
I wanted to pick up one of the Taurus auto's just for Target shooting . And to take it a-Part to see how they are built . But none of the Gun Stores out here every have them ? I do have one Taurus Wheel Gun that I am not real Happy with . I took it a-Part because the trigger pull was real bad . Brand new it had Lot's of metal dust in the Trigger Part's . I Cleaned it up and all the Parts were ok . It work much better now . If I buy another Taurus I will pull it all a-Part and Clean it before I test Fire the Gun .

TANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15115
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtalltechsan View Post
I guess it depends on which Kimber one buys. When I got mine almost a year ago, the Kimber was only about $150 more than the Taurus.

How much were we talkin here? I got my PT1911 for 550 dollars. Every Kimber I've seen on the shelf has a price tag pushing if not over a grand. I've shot a Kimber and like them but not enough to drop that kind of coin on one. Me and a good friend of mine got our PT1911s at the same time and neither one has really had a hiccup yet. One of the biggest compaints I've read so far is the ambi safety

USPSA-A59201
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 36353
1911ss-1

I had to get a replacement gun for my New Springfield 1911 Loaded that would only shoot 7 rounds with parts falling off and the extractor junk,you live you learn Hu!
I picked up the Taurus 1911ss-1 for a shoot early in the month and did I get a suprise,This gun out shot the Springfield,Colt,and yes Kimber out of the box,I let others at the range handle it( we just had fun with it) and most now have one ,This gun will sell itself,It's tight and handle the different ammo we had,The best part was the feel of the fit in your hand,it was just a good shooting gun.
We all together put about 700 rounds throught it and it held it's point of aim with no slop.
Im happy with my $625.00 gun. Who knew
05Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

Search tags for this page

1911ss-1

kimber 1911 vs taurus 1911

kimber vs taurus

taurus 1911 ss 1
taurus 1911 ss-1
taurus 1911 ss-1 review
taurus 1911 ss1
taurus 1911 ss1 review
taurus 1911 ss1 reviews
taurus 1911ss

taurus 1911ss-1

taurus 1911ss-1 for sale
taurus 1911ss-1 price
taurus 1911ss-1 review
taurus 1911ss1
taurus vs kimber
Click on a term to search for related topics.