• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anyone have experience with the Springfield EMP?

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with the Springfield EMP? within the M1911 forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; By far my favortie gun. Easy to carry/conceal OWB or IWB. Accurate as it gets even at distance. check out this video review of the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911 » Anyone have experience with the Springfield EMP?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #21
MJM
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 28959
By far my favortie gun. Easy to carry/conceal OWB or IWB. Accurate as it gets even at distance. check out this video review of the gun. YouTube - Springfield Armory EMP Test Fire
Old 02-18-2009, 05:28 AM   #22
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 27292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sud123 View Post
I am thinking of buying an EMP and saw an article. Sorry I can't remember where on the web I found it. It was not a good review. The guy who bought it actually tested the gun at my local range. He was very experienced with 1911 overall but finally had to sell his EMP because of it's unreliability. Just did not feel confident for carry with the issues he was having FTE's and such. I would still like to own one but does worry me some that I might regret it. I have a XD 9 sub that shoots everytime and use for carry. But still would love to have the EMP also. Just a little concerned. I also have read that small 1911's should be avoided. Interested in what you guys have to say also.
It wasn't me, I swear! I had issues galore with mine, and would still consider buying another. I take pride in being one of only a handful of EMP owners in the area, so you'll need to consult with me first. At least tell me where you saw it for sale.

Mrbremt, welcome to the club!

"I didn't compromise my soul to be a popular guy." - George W. Bush

EdSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23407
Yup, I had slight problems, but that is because they cut the chamber just a smidgen too small. They tried to make the Emp the most accurate possible pistol. I sent it back and they did some work on it and it now runs like a clock. After coming back from Springfield, it has not had ONE FTF or FTE. Also, I asked them for a single sided safety and they took care of it for free and left me the ambi safety. That plus free overnight shipping and it was back in 6 days and you can't beat it!
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #24
XDTalk Member

Member #: 31118
Finally got the EMP!!!!! What a great feeling pistol. I will take it to the range this weekend. Here is a pic with big brother XD9 Service Bi-Tone.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:23 AM   #25
XDTalk Member

Member #: 9022
Congrats! Oil her up and let us know how she shoots.
C5Racer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:25 AM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9565
Niiiiiiice. I have to take some new "family" photos now. Post a range report if you can.

Congrats.
Clobbersaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 29568
Nice!!! Like others have said keep us updated on how it shoots.
JonXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #28
XDTalk Member

Range Report

Well I made it out to the Range this morning to give the EMP a test. I really like it so far It took me a few magazines to get the feel of it but it shoots very nice and I like the trigger pull. The only thing I would like to be different is the slide release being back more. I just couldn't reach it with my thumb like I can on my XD. I ran 200 rounds of WWB 115g through it and had one jam were the round didn't go up into the chamber. I thought that went pretty well considering all the stories I had heard about the first several hundred rounds having issues. I shot a magazine of Ranger 124 +p+ and had 2 occasions that the round jambed on the feed ramp and 2 fail to fire where the primer was hit but didn't go bang. I feed them again and then they fired. The range master came over more than once to look and he really liked it. He had not seen one in person before. I think it is one great looking gun and I think its a keeper!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31312
^^ Congratulations on the EMP, it is a great looking gun!
Chiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #30
XDTalk Member

Second Range report on my new EMP

Made it to the range again today and got 200 more rounds through it. I started at 7 yards and was able to keep nice groups of 5 then moved back to 10 yards and had slightly larger groups but I was very happy with it!! I had NO problems with feeding or FTF's etc. It ran flawless I love this thing!! BTW I shot PMC 115g FMJ rounds today. Last time I shot WWB.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » M1911

emp, enhanced, micro, pistol

Search tags for this page
emp 9mm
emp sa
how to operate emp 9mm
sa emp 9mm
sa emp review
springfield emp
springfield emp 1911 .40
springfield emp 40
springfield emp 40 review
springfield emp 40 review problems

springfield emp 9mm

springfield emp review

springfield emp reviews
springfield emp woman
xd 9mm bi tone
xd emp springfield pistol
Click on a term to search for related topics.