• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Can you carry firearm in your glovebox without a CCL?

This is a discussion on Can you carry firearm in your glovebox without a CCL? within the LEO Talk forums, part of the Protect & Serve category; Originally Posted by fyrfytrcwd Laws are different in each state. Here in Florida, it is legal to keep a firearm in a glove box without ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Protect & Serve » LEO Talk » Can you carry firearm in your glovebox without a CCL?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #11
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrfytrcwd View Post
Laws are different in each state. Here in Florida, it is legal to keep a firearm in a glove box without a permit. I have a permit and keep a backup in the center console, and another in my locked briefcase at work.
I miss FLA for that. I carried a loaded pistol in my glovebox from 19-21 until I was old enough to get a permit. Never had an issue.

I don't like the fact in IN you can't do that w/o a permit.. on the up side you can get a carry permit at 18 here instead of 21 so that helps quite a bit.

Everywhere is different and MD sucks for gun laws.
Remove Ads
Old 10-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #12
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
One of the quirks in the GA law that needs to be fixed is that 18-20 -yr-olds, inclusively, can't carry a loaded firearm anywhere in the passenger compartment of their vehicles, even though a permit isn't required for such carry.
Mercmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #13
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 5032
in texas i sure can, or carry it anywhere as long as its covered up, and as long as im onot concealing it on my self. eg. pocket, jacket, etc
Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 AM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 21268
For PA, to the best of my knowledge, no loaded handguns in the car unless you have a CCW permit. There's an exception if the owner of the car has a permit and you are just driving the car, but you might have to be a relative -- whatever. Just get the CCW and you'll avoid a lot of issues.
"Those who answer the call to serve may never be fully understood by those who never hear that call. Whether warfighter, citizen soldier or police officer, should appreciation not manifest itself take heart that the mission is always one of service, and by serving faithfully, courageously and often at great sacrifice, the privilege of service is its own highest reward. You have received the highest honor having been entrusted with the privilege of serving; there can be no greater reward."
Philadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 11490
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert1 View Post
I believe in Ohio your unloaded weapon must be in a location that requires you to exit the car to get to it.

close but not quite. you must exit the vehicle to access both, so you can keep the gun with you and the ammo in the trunk or the other way around, but preferably keep the gun in the trunk.
limblessbiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Protect & Serve » LEO Talk

Search tags for this page
can a gun be in the glove box in michigan
can i have a gun in my glove box
can i keep a loaded gun in my glove box
can i put a gun in a glovebox
can you carey a gun in the glove box in co
can you keep a gun in your glove box
can you keep a handgun in your glove box
carry a gun in glovebox in florida

carry gun in glove box

carrying a handgun in your glovebox wisconsin
florida can you keep a gun in glove box without concealed carry
google can you have a hand gun in your glove box in louisville ky
in north carolina can i travel with a gun in my glovebox
iowa loaded gun in glovebox
is it legal to carry a gun in your glovebox in north carolina if you have a concealed permit
Click on a term to search for related topics.