• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Kubotan? [non-LEO]

This is a discussion on Kubotan? [non-LEO] within the LEO Talk forums, part of the Protect & Serve category; Picked one up, along with Kubota's little book, for my after hours security gig, in case I take a shift at a post where they ...

Old 09-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 3543
Kubotan? [non-LEO]

Picked one up, along with Kubota's little book, for my after hours security gig, in case I take a shift at a post where they don't want me wearing a duty belt, and just for stuffing in my jacket pocket for a non-lethal self-defense option.

Just curious whether any LEOs actually use these things.

As a self-defense tool, it seems like a convenient, nearly weightless item that would definitely multiply the force of a blow. That is, I can see how a civilian could want one to jab into an attacker's sensitive body part. The pain compliance techniques for LEOs, in the Kubota book, though, would seem to require a lot of practice to actually work in the real world and seem like they might be redundant to the tactics you guys must train on already.

Just curious.
green79f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-23-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 3520
I just wish ASP still made the expandable one. I had one but don't know where it walked off to.
Colt Combat Commander 45ACP, Punisher grips
nogoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 3723
I went to an 8 hour course on this little "stick" and it can really be useful in certain situations. I was pretty damn beat up at the end of the day. I recommend the one that has the ridges over the ones with the grooves. Those ridges cause a lot more compliance then any of the others. Comes in handy for cuffing techniques and restraining. A jab of that thing in the back, ribs or any other "sensitive" place can really make you want to comply quick. The wrist application is a real good one especially for bringin them to the ground. Then take it and poke it into the center of their back (at an angle) for compliance of bringing their hands to their back. But, keep in mind that it is like some other non-lethal weapons and it is not going to work on everybody. Just remember that is real "close combat" so best used under certain situations. Our training was based mostly on restraining and cuffing, not so much as self-defense weapon. For a self-defense weapon I would want something where I did not have to make that close of contact. Baton, pepper spray, and/or whatever force is justified. It doesn't hurt to carry it just in case. It is small, easy to conceal and better than nothing!

Be Safe!
XDTOM40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Protect & Serve » LEO Talk

Search tags for this page

kubotan bang inox

multiplying force with kubotan

Click on a term to search for related topics.