• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

CFE Pistol Powder

This is a discussion on CFE Pistol Powder within the Hand Loaded Ammunition forums, part of the The Ammo Can category; Anyone used this powder? I found a couple pounds local. Will be loading 9mm. Thoughts?...

Old 04-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 93397
CFE Pistol Powder

Anyone used this powder?
I found a couple pounds local.
Will be loading 9mm.
Thoughts?
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
I've never used it. Buy some and you tell us.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Got 2 pounds but I'm working thru TB right now. To good to switch till I need it.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80165
CFE Pistol powder

Went to the range today and fired some lead reloads using CFE Pistol. Accuracy was excellent and zero leading.
Using 8 grains with 200 gr. lswc was a pretty stout load but functioned well and accurate. 7.7 grain was firm and functioned well. Sorry I could not get the velocities. Also fired some 9mm 125gr. lead from Indiana Bullets with excellent accuracy and zero leading. The powder burned clean with easy gun clean up.
judgecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Thanks judgecrater.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 30502
Rico, you know how I feel about True Blue and look for a thread I'll be doing in a few minutes. I have looked at what I can find on CFE Pistol and it looks like a powder I would use. My thought is that Hodgdon wants to compete with Silhouette, but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe it has Silhouette's performance potential. As far as loading good high velocity standard pressure loads I'm sure it will do fine for that.

The truth about OSS data and wound ballistics:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Get the complete picture here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
57K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:48 AM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6152
This is one powder I am interested in trying should I find some. The other is BE86 which no one I know has found yet. If anyone has tried that I would love to hear about it.

Strangely, a lot of folks who do not believe in evolutionary Darwinism seem to believe in social Darwinism... go figure!

Let's add this: Congress shall make no law which limits the type, caliber, capacity, or rate of fire of any arms the People have or want to have.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Guys I can't get away from TB long enough to give it a shot. Someday......
Been shooting TB in this. 9mm RO. In love!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 89889
I know this is an older thread, but in case anyone stumbles upon it I did try this Hogden CFE Pistol powder this past week.
In 9mm with a 124 gr Montana Gold bullet seated 1.15 OAL I got the following
3.8 gr averaged 805 giving a PF of about 100 - this did not function the 4" XDs well at all, many stove pipes
5.2 gr averaged 1004 giving a 124 PF and SD's around 10 - function in the same 4" XDs was fine with no problems.
I think the "Copper Fouling Eliminator" is mostly marketing but the powder was reasonably priced ($24) and seemed to work well. There seemed to be less flash and smoke than Alliant Power Pistol but that has worked well for me also
rharding210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharding210 View Post
I know this is an older thread, but in case anyone stumbles upon it I did try this Hogden CFE Pistol powder this past week.
In 9mm with a 124 gr Montana Gold bullet seated 1.15 OAL I got the following
3.8 gr averaged 805 giving a PF of about 100 - this did not function the 4" XDs well at all, many stove pipes
5.2 gr averaged 1004 giving a 124 PF and SD's around 10 - function in the same 4" XDs was fine with no problems.
I think the "Copper Fouling Eliminator" is mostly marketing but the powder was reasonably priced ($24) and seemed to work well. There seemed to be less flash and smoke than Alliant Power Pistol but that has worked well for me also

There's a fairly recent thread still running if you're intersted. Can't remember if it's here or in the Ammo Can section.

The truth about OSS data and wound ballistics:

Get the complete picture here:
57K is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Hand Loaded Ammunition

Search tags for this page
anybody used cfe pistol powders
anyone used cfe pistol
cfe for 9mm

cfe pistol

cfe pistol 9mm
cfe pistol and 200 grain lswc
cfe pistol load data with berrys bullets

cfe pistol powder

cfe pistol powder for 9mm

cfe powder

cfe powder loads for 9mm
where to buy be86 powder
Click on a term to search for related topics.