• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Shooting Tree Plans.

This is a discussion on Shooting Tree Plans. within the Gun Games: Shooting Competition forums, part of the Use and Training category; I would like to build a shooting tree...does anyone have plans on how to build a steel one. I have access to welding tools. I ...

Old 04-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 22073
Shooting Tree Plans.

I would like to build a shooting tree...does anyone have plans on how to build a steel one. I have access to welding tools. I would like to know how to build one. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 17964
what exactly is a shooting tree?
rogerxd45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 24555
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxd45 View Post
what exactly is a shooting tree?
The ultimate answer in home-defense -- Lethal Foliage!
Ruger 10/22
RRA AR15 Entry Tactical
------------------
"I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country." - Moroni
ScottyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyT View Post
The ultimate answer in home-defense -- Lethal Foliage!
LOL I also do not know what a shooting tree is. Outside of the literal translation being "a tree to shoot at, or a try that shoot back "

"You have a pistol to defend your life and home. Now get a rifle to defend your country." - Caribou
New2Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6088
I believe he means Dueling Tree.

USPSA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

I am not an expert I just shoot like one.
The Knight Of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 23037
Dueling trees on Amazon.com

You can buy them at: Amazon.com: dueling tree

Well, I can't see buying them if you have access to a little bit of ingenuity, and welding machine. A pipe with a clamp holding an over-centering cam with an opposing cam rider attached to the target arms should be sufficient. I'm sure that with a few trial and error types of tweaking, you could have as good, or better than those sold for $$! You could probably even make them with "screen door closers".

Good luck, let us know what you built, or bought.

I ain't the expert, but I've made a lot of the wrong decisions!

If Homicide Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Commit Homicide
Edubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22372
Being a plumber I would build one out of 1/2" maybe 3/4" black iron pipe. Home Depot sells it and you can even draw up plans and have them cut the pieces for you, This way you could thread it together (hand tight) at setup, and just break it down when you are done if need be. Some rustolium paint now and again on the pipe, and W-D on the threads and in the fittings and it will last forever.

Good luck if you decide to build. PM me if you would like some more input.

Brian
“People will continue to kill each other for the rest of humanity's life. As long as there are humans on this planet we will kill each other. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. Taking away our ability to defend ourselves is simply going to make us ALL targets”. Quote from, The Knite Of Light

Last edited by BMC6765; 04-01-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling
BMC6765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6088
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC6765 View Post
Being a plumber I would build one out of 1/2" maybe 3/4" black iron pipe. Home Depot sells it and you can even draw up plans and have them cut the pieces for you, This way you could thread it together (hand tight) at setup, and just break it down when you are done if need be. Some rustolium paint now and again on the pipe, and W-D on the threads and in the fittings and it will last forever.

Brian
First bullet that hits the iron will break it. You need good steel or Armor plate. Iron won't hold up. I have tried.

USPSA

I am not an expert I just shoot like one.
The Knight Of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 23037
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC6765 View Post

Brian
Brian, how would you build in the "reflex" of the target? When it is hit, it folds back, that way you can see who hit the most targets the quickest (dueling targets).

Here is a video of a simple one: YouTube - The Duelist Competition Resetting Target Stand

I ain't the expert, but I've made a lot of the wrong decisions!

If Homicide Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Commit Homicide

Last edited by Edubya; 04-01-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Edubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22372
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Knight Of Light View Post
First bullet that hits the iron will break it. You need good steel or Armor plate. Iron won't hold up. I have tried.
Good call, it is rather soft. Now I have to try and shoot it!!!!!lol
“People will continue to kill each other for the rest of humanity's life. As long as there are humans on this planet we will kill each other. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. Taking away our ability to defend ourselves is simply going to make us ALL targets”. Quote from, The Knite Of Light
BMC6765 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Gun Games: Shooting Competition

Search tags for this page
build a shooting tree
dueling tree diagram

dueling tree plans

dueling tree target plans
homemade dueling tree
homemade steel dueling tree
how do you build a duleing tree
how to build a dueling target tree
how to build a dueling tree
how to build a dueling tree target
how to make dueling tree
pistol dueling tree plans

shooting tree

shooting tree design
shooting tree plans
shooting tree target plans
Click on a term to search for related topics.