• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

7/7/07 - 7/14/07 XDtalk Competition League Shoot

This is a discussion on 7/7/07 - 7/14/07 XDtalk Competition League Shoot within the Gun Games: Shooting Competition forums, part of the Use and Training category; Thanks, Tex. SA has got me shaded for the time being, but I've still got one left. I might have to lay off the coffee ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Gun Games: Shooting Competition » 7/7/07 - 7/14/07 XDtalk Competition League Shoot

Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #41
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3702
Thanks, Tex. SA has got me shaded for the time being, but I've still got one left. I might have to lay off the coffee and shoot another one tomorrow
It ain't personal. Nothing contained herein is intended is to offend the immature, retarded, hyper-sensitive, emotionally/hormonally unstable, or otherwise easily-offended. But if it does- don't cry to me. I don't care.
"Sarge"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

invssgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #42
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 17015
I'll be shooting tomorrow evening. Just an FYI, it may not come soon, it might come tomorrow, but lobster_roboto is working on a program where we can enter our scores and a link to a picture of the target and it will be like a leader board thing if I'm picturing this right. He's going to put it on his server and it should be pretty cool. It will probably solve our issue of having threads with shot up targets cluttered with all of our yacking.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thank him in advance, just another example of another person making this thing better.

jtkratzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #43
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 9898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
I'll be shooting tomorrow evening. Just an FYI, it may not come soon, it might come tomorrow, but lobster_roboto is working on a program where we can enter our scores and a link to a picture of the target and it will be like a leader board thing if I'm picturing this right. He's going to put it on his server and it should be pretty cool. It will probably solve our issue of having threads with shot up targets cluttered with all of our yacking.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thank him in advance, just another example of another person making this thing better.
sounds pretty sweet. i have no programming skill at all

leeindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:06 AM   #44
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16828
Quote:

Thanks of a thousand suns... fellow mall ninja, Lobster.

If you won't stand behind our troops, please stand in front of them!

texasm203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:37 AM   #45
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 17365
Lobster is back? Welcome home good sire.

If anyone needs a target hosted I'd be happy to do it for you. I'll host if from my site.
PM me if you'd like my hosting services.
Other-Why?
Me-Because I'm less refined and have a big piston.

Last edited by MrBeta; 07-11-2007 at 07:44 AM.
MrBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #46
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15387
Quote:

That's a great idea, I was trying to think of a better way of handling this too and lobster_roboto may have the answer. Thanks lobster_roboto.

Guns kill people just like fish need bicycles.
sa-xd9shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #47
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 4352
Here's my best of the three.
8 x 10 = 80
2 x 8 = 16
Score 96-3x

The third x is just breaking the line, but it did break it and the guys at the range all agree, so it should still count.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"For those of us who exercised our privilege to serve our country, I can honestly say we did it proudly and shared a common bond of patriotism that those who were unwilling to answer our country's call will never understand or appreciate." - Dennis Foell
gsh341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #48
XDTalk 15K Member

I just got back from the indoor range and I'll get my pictures up in a bit, I need to eat something. Also, how are you guys getting these crispy clean holes in your paper? Maybe it's just the power of my .45 that's just shredding things up? It's not a BB gun ya know...

Old 07-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #49
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3702
Hi JT,

I'm getting the crispy-clean holes by shooting wadcutters or semi-wadcutters, which were designed specifically to cut a clean, full-caliber hole in the paper- and hopefully the next-higher scoring ring. As it turns out, they are quite effective on live targets as well. That's what you call 'icing on the cake'.

Those old-time paper punchers, much like today's, were looking for any edge they could get.
It ain't personal. Nothing contained herein is intended is to offend the immature, retarded, hyper-sensitive, emotionally/hormonally unstable, or otherwise easily-offended. But if it does- don't cry to me. I don't care.
"Sarge"

Last edited by invssgt; 07-11-2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: kawz sarg kaint spel onda furst trie;)
invssgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #50
XDTalk 15K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invssgt View Post
Hi JT,

I'm getting the crispy-clean holes by shooting wadcutters or semi-wadcutters, which were designed specifically to cut a clean, full-caliber hole in the paper- and hopefully the next-higher scoring ring. As it turns out, they are quite effective on live targets as well. That's what you call 'icing on the cake'.

Those old-time paper punchers, much like today's, were looking for any edge they could get.
Interesting, I guess I'll have to pick some up for these shoots, because it's a pain trying to figure out where the tears start and the bullet hole stops...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Gun Games: Shooting Competition

Search tags for this page

invssgt 1991a1

Click on a term to search for related topics.