• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Issue with 4.5 XDM 9mm in match shoot today

This is a discussion on Issue with 4.5 XDM 9mm in match shoot today within the Gun Games: Shooting Competition forums, part of the Use and Training category; I shot my new XDM today in Limited class, USPSA match. I am shooting 9mm, UMC factory loads and some reloads. During the match, the ...

Old 01-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 65547
Issue with 4.5 XDM 9mm in match shoot today

I shot my new XDM today in Limited class, USPSA match. I am shooting 9mm, UMC factory loads and some reloads. During the match, the gun twice malfunctioned on me. When I running and shooting, a spent shell exited the barrel but then stopped, apparently causing the slide to stop. To resolve the issue, I had to pull the stop back to the slide lock, eject the magazine and push the shell down and out of the gun, re-install a new magazine, slide rack a new round in a continue to shoot. Needless to say, this caused me major seconds during the match. Anyone have an idea as to what is going on. I put 150 rounds through the gun the day before the match and cleaned it after the practice shoot. I would welcome any suggestions.
waynesigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
VR4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 29154
My first thought is your shooting UMCs which are notorious for crappy reloads which is what they are. Also check your reloads as well. Have you tried firing some well known brand ammo like win?
Daniel Defense M4 /Aimpoint M3,FDE Magpul Moe stock,FDE Magpul Moe pistol grip,FSC556,Geissele SSA,MS2 sling
Rainier Arms AR-15

VR4 IDPA/USPSA/Tac-Rifle VIDEO'S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

RAINIER ARMS SHOOTING TEAM
PNW ARMS SHOOTING TEAM
Rainierarms.com
PNWARMS.com
VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48875
Did it jam with the reloads or factory ammo? I have the same gun and haven't had a problem. How many rounds have been fired total? Was it lubed? Were you limp wristing it?
phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 64094
Yeah, I would say bad ammo. My full size 9mm has not given me any issues. I don't shoot reloads.
lowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

issue with XDM

My gun was cleaned and lubed after I had taken it to the range for testing. I had no problems with the ammo during the practice. I had put a total of 150 rounds through the gun prior to the match. My reload is a 115 grain, FMJ, 4.2 grains of Clays with a 1.136" OAL. I have had no problems with my Beretta 92Fusing either the reload or UMC. I could agree that I weak wristed the gun because it was during two running stages where the jams occurred. I fired approx. 200-250 rounds during the match, so a total of 400 rounds have been fired through the gun.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

issues with XDM

The gun is a newer 4.5 model. I have a PRP trigger kit, Canyon Creek extended magazine release, Springer stainless steel guide rod, Dawson adjustable front and rear sights on the gun. The ammo has not been chronographed, so I just bought a chronograph and waiting for it to arrive. I also just bought dies for my Dillon 550 so I will start reloading my own ammo.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9033
limp wristed it....extracted but didnt eject

your reloads are fine
Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Type 3 malfunction. Sometime crap just happens. Learn to clear the malfunction & move forward. UMC ammo does not have a geat track record for reliabilty.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52071
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes_world_45 View Post
limp wristed it....extracted but didnt eject

your reloads are fine
That is my guess too, also, if I read correctly, its a very new pistol with few rounds through it, still breaking in!

Send it to me with 1K rounds and I will be glad to break it in for you!
Pokerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 63510
I agree about the faulty grip. Running and gunnin' reveals every inconsistency and weak spot in your technique. The only malfs I have with my 525 are in matches where I'm doing something weird (weak hand point n shoots, etc).

A74093 Production - A Class, Limited - B Class
My
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Gun Games: Shooting Competition

Search tags for this page
9mm xdm 4.5 target handloads
compations match shot with 9 mm

how to shoot xdm 9mm

is the xdm 9mm 4.5 ok for competition
shooting reloads from the xdm

shooting xdm 9mm

xdm 5.25 jamming with reloads
xdm 9mm 4.5 competition shooting
xdm 9mm 4.5 for competition

xdm 9mm competition review

xdm 9mm match

xdm 9mm review

xdm 9mm shooting competitions
xdm 9mm shooting reloads

xdm competition review

xdm-9 4.5 handload

Click on a term to search for related topics.