• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD(m) Holster for IDPA?

This is a discussion on XD(m) Holster for IDPA? within the Gun Games: Shooting Competition forums, part of the Use and Training category; I was wondering if the holster that comes with Springfield's XDm-9 3.8 Compact meets IDPA criteria? Thanks, John...

Old 11-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63855
XD(m) Holster for IDPA?

I was wondering if the holster that comes with Springfield's XDm-9 3.8 Compact meets IDPA criteria?

Thanks, John
2ndAmendNut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56121
I am 85.456% sure it does. If its a local IDPA match you will be fine. I know I have seen many people with XD Gear on with no issues.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|

|
|
|
|
|
|

Check out:
|
|
|
|
|

|
|
dust717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 61464
The XDm holster does meet the criteria outlined in the rule book (appendiex 1, page 32, 33).
http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

All IWB and Pancake holsters are IDPA legal. All pouch style holsters must meet the criteria as outlined on pages 32 and 33.

As an FYI, IDPA is in the process of rewriting the rule book to make the rules less confusing with the goal of attracting more competitors. Current rule book was written in 2005.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63059
Cool! Thanks guys!

-------------------
"I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop! " ~Bob Mayne
2ndAmendNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 63510
Yeah, I read the IDPA rulebook and started shooting USPSA instead.
5 pages of rules just about holsters...stupid.

A74093 Production - A Class, Limited - B Class
My
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48634
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
Yeah, I read the IDPA rulebook and started shooting USPSA instead.
5 pages of rules just about holsters...stupid.

HAHAHAHAHA
jcj81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendNut66 View Post
I was wondering if the holster that comes with Springfield's XDm-9 3.8 Compact meets IDPA criteria?

Thanks, John
Go to COmpTac, buy a paddle, IDPA legal & well made. IF you are not shooting to win, then any IWB works fine.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6088
Skill trumps equipment...

If I have the same gun and just different equipment and my skill level is higher I will still beat a shooter with much better equipment.

Shoot what you got until you have increased your skill level and require something better. Also you can do a lot worse than getting what fredj338 suggested.

I personally do not like paddle holsters ad I have seen too many guns come out with the holster still on the gun.

USPSA

I am not an expert I just shoot like one.
The Knight Of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 67194
I am just getting into IDPA and have not even been to an event so I was researching if the holsters supplied by Springfield are legal for competition use.

I just contacted the local rep for IDPA and he said the xd gear holsters for both the gun and clips are LEGAL!
jspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39246
The holster and mag carriers that come with the XDm are fine and completely serviceable until you decide you might want something else. I even use mine with another pistol that has a rail and it's a bit tight but it works. The XDm holster is better than any Fobus I've seen or used and light years ahead of the cheap nylon I often see on new shooters.
cyberiad is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Gun Games: Shooting Competition

Search tags for this page
good xdm idpa holster
idpa holster for xdm

idpa holster springfield xd

idpa holster springfield xdm

idpa holster xdm

idpa xdm holster

pictures of approved idpa holsters
springfield idpa holster
springfield xd magazine holder idpa legal
springfield xdm holster idpa
springfield xdm idpa holster
xd gear for idpa
xd gear holster for idpa

xd gear holster idpa

xdm holster idpa

xdm idpa holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.