• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Any and all tips IPSC/IDPA

This is a discussion on Any and all tips IPSC/IDPA within the Gun Games: Shooting Competition forums, part of the Use and Training category; The way I see it is I can shoot very accurate if I want but I know that on steel, if I have a decent ...

Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
The way I see it is I can shoot very accurate if I want but I know that on steel, if I have a decent sight picture (somewhere on the steel) I can pull the trigger and hit, doesn't matter if it's dead center or not. Just don't shoot faster than you can see. Track the sights once the sights are on target pull the trigger.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 39625
Best advice I ever got.......... Repeat after me..... Front Sight, Front Sight, Front Sight. Make this your mantra at the start position.

Once you learn the basics of stance, grip, trigger squeeze and follow-through; you must always see and focus on the front sight to be fast and accurate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Located in Statesville NC
alsipd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:13 AM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 44746
i load 40s&w with 3 diff loads
1) 180gr MGB with 5.0gr of titegroup(hot enough load runs my open gun It WORKS!!!)
2) 40S&w 180gr MGB with 4.8gr of titegroup(makes major for limited division)
3) i load .40s&w at 4.8gr of hp38 for prduction

xdm .40 open gun
xdm .40 limit gun
Savage model 12 .223rem
Sig p226 elite
thexdmopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 16268
I will suggest something different. Something that every shooter, fast, smooth or slow has been plagued by at one time or another. You do not listen carefully to the stage instructions. How many times have you shot a good accurate score to discover you shot out of sequence, or missed a hidden target. That will count as seconds and points deducted from your total score.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #15
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacXD9er View Post
I will suggest something different. Something that every shooter, fast, smooth or slow has been plagued by at one time or another. You do not listen carefully to the stage instructions. How many times have you shot a good accurate score to discover you shot out of sequence, or missed a hidden target. That will count as seconds and points deducted from your total score.

Agreed. Walk though the stage in your mind several times, work out where you're doing the mag changes what targets you are going to engage and in what order.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #16
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 13498
Shot at my first IDPA match Saturday - I found that the large amount of straight up target shooting I have done was a huge advantage. My target aquisition/shooting came very naturally and overall I felt like the accuracy was adequate for a first try. (32 points down total - division champ had 26) - I was on average 13 seconds slower per stage than the DC (shooting CDP - 8 round/.45ACP)

The practice with my grip (nice high thumbs - Brian Enos style) and drawing/aquiring a sight picture was very helpful, I do need a bit more of that, plus reload practice, and once I got myself calm and relaxed after the first stage I shot much better.

Shooting a XD .45 Compact - 230grain WWB , from a Fobus paddle

Oh, and btw, it was amazingly fun! Very addicting, from now on I will find standing in a stall and shooting 100 rounds at paper so useless!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #17
VR4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 29154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenring View Post
Shot at my first IDPA match Saturday - I found that the large amount of straight up target shooting I have done was a huge advantage. My target aquisition/shooting came very naturally and overall I felt like the accuracy was adequate for a first try. (32 points down total - division champ had 26) - I was on average 13 seconds slower per stage than the DC (shooting CDP - 8 round/.45ACP)

The practice with my grip (nice high thumbs - Brian Enos style) and drawing/aquiring a sight picture was very helpful, I do need a bit more of that, plus reload practice, and once I got myself calm and relaxed after the first stage I shot much better.

Shooting a XD .45 Compact - 230grain WWB , from a Fobus paddle

Oh, and btw, it was amazingly fun! Very addicting, from now on I will find standing in a stall and shooting 100 rounds at paper so useless!
Sounds like you did well. Congrats on your first time.
Daniel Defense M4 /Aimpoint M3,FDE Magpul Moe stock,FDE Magpul Moe pistol grip,FSC556,Geissele SSA,MS2 sling
Rainier Arms AR-15

VR4 IDPA/USPSA/Tac-Rifle VIDEO'S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

RAINIER ARMS SHOOTING TEAM
PNW ARMS SHOOTING TEAM
Rainierarms.com
PNWARMS.com
VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Gun Games: Shooting Competition

competition, speed reloads, training

Search tags for this page
how to shoot better at idpa
how to shoot fast ipsc
idpa how to increase speed
idpa shooting techniques

idpa shooting tips

idpa tips

idpa tips and tricks

idpa tips techniques
improve idpa
ipsc
ipsc competition tips
ipsc shooting techniques
ipsc shooting tips

ipsc tips

ipsc tips training
ipsc tips tricks
Click on a term to search for related topics.