I've been stewing over this for two days now.
This is so absolutely ridiculous!!! So what the "powers that be" are telling me is that I'm essentially a fool if I:
1. Carry my firearm in a holster with an adjustable cant,
2. My firearm weighs more than what "they" think it should,
3. Use a springclip speedloader (and God forbid I ever dream
of carrying one with a 5" bbl!
4. Want to use a steel guide rod in my Glock (yeah, I'm one of those guys you see changing out guide rods before/after each match.
And too many more to list. I'm so pissed I can't think straight. I'm sure that "they" give two craps about this and would tell me to go shoot USPSA if I want to be in an equipment race. I'm sure USPSA won't mind my "gamey" Bladetech.
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if it comes to only being able to use an IWB holster and a single mag carrier. If they want to get so damn nit-pickey about it, why don't we go all the way?! Let's do it right:
1. No OWB holsters - period.
2. Single mag carriers only (who'd ever dream of carrying two?
2. Alloy/poly frames only (who in their right mind would carry something "so heavy" as all steel?
3. Revolvers - let's make 'em 3" or less.
4. Autos - see #3 (unless it's a Wilson of course
5. Plastic on gun is good - plastic on hip is bad. Leather only.
6. Inspection of each and every shooter's equipment before each and every match (Oh, you came down from Canada to shoot? Sorry, you might as well turn back with that Fobus Roto rig. Sorry
I say screw it and just shoot!!!