• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

I'm convinced enough to give it a shot!

This is a discussion on I'm convinced enough to give it a shot! within the Glow-On forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Originally Posted by Nebraska12 Bonehead, thanks for input. I considered other colors but, to be honest, the paint colors looked odd to me; as though ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On » I'm convinced enough to give it a shot!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
Bonehead, thanks for input. I considered other colors but, to be honest, the paint colors looked odd to me; as though they could be difficult to use during the day, perhaps even at dusk. Based on your experience with Orange, what do you think?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I think the orange is good. in daylight or indoor range light, it stands out and makes the front sight easy to pick up. I wouldn't use it for a "night sight" application because it dies in like 45 seconds but its perfect for improving an iron sight.

(_l_) vs (_l_)

I would buy it again and do all my firearms with it.

I am not scared of putting it on because it will scrub off with non acetone fingernail polish remover.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 64900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
I think the orange is good. in daylight or indoor range light, it stands out and makes the front sight easy to pick up. I wouldn't use it for a "night sight" application because it dies in like 45 seconds but its perfect for improving an iron sight.

(_l_) vs (_l_)

I would buy it again and do all my firearms with it.

I am not scared of putting it on because it will scrub off with non acetone fingernail polish remover.
Thanks again. This is really helpful information. I planned on trying some on the iron sites of my sks.

Nebraska12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 64900
Well, here are some pictures. So far, I am somewhat impressed, it glows extremely bright. My only concern is practicality. But, I'll give it a few days before I pass further, or final, judgement to see how it does. I am happy with it so far though.I'm convinced enough to give it a shot!-uploadfromtaptalk1355465034556.jpgI'm convinced enough to give it a shot!-uploadfromtaptalk1355465063385.jpg

Nebraska12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
XDTalk Member

Member #: 85064
I just ordered some last Thursday and received it Saturday. That's a damn fast turn around if you ask me!! Anyway applied it to my Xdm 9 and it was so easy. From what I read it takes a week to "fully cure" and after that point is when it reaches it's full luminescence. Even if that's the case I'm already thoroughly impressed with how bright it is. The other thing I noticed is that for me it actually increased the stock sight picture quite a bit. So all in all if they say it gets brighter after a week I'm pumped because its been almost 2 days and I love it!!!
Monster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 45398
Thumbs up

Glow-on is a sponsor of XdTalk.com. There lots of information available here:

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
szhttm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84426
I use it and love it!!

I'm convinced enough to give it a shot!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360639662.640722.jpg
I'm convinced enough to give it a shot!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360639678.130665.jpg

Give it a try.

Ryan
Ryhman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On

Search tags for this page

ar 15 assault rifle

is it convinced enough

Click on a term to search for related topics.