• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

How to apply the Glow-On gun sights paint. A few pointers

This is a discussion on How to apply the Glow-On gun sights paint. A few pointers within the Glow-On forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Works as advertised. If you want longer lasting "charge" times, paint multiple layers on your front site. Absolutely the thicker the application the brighter the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On » How to apply the Glow-On gun sights paint. A few pointers

Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #21
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 46956
Glow-On gun sights paint. tip of the day

Quote:
Works as advertised. If you want longer lasting "charge" times, paint multiple layers on your front site.

Absolutely the thicker the application the brighter the glow.
I should mention that the"liquid part that keep the mix together has a milky consistency before the water content dries up and the paint cures. The glow consequently is brighter after a couple of days when this opacity dissipates..

Quote:
Do I have to apply the paint constantly/often to keep it glowing?
Not necessary, one application will last for years, unless of course, you want try a different configuration on your sights and want to re do them.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Visit us here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Gatopardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On gun sights paint:What color is best for my gun sights

Quote:
I'm having a hard time trying to decide what color to choose for my pistol front sight
First off, include in your plans the rear sights as well, they are essential in helping you frame the target, especially beyond the 15 yard mark.
Here is a brief rating of the different glow colors

10/10- Original Glow-On Super Phosphorescent. Is the brightest one, it's white but the glow is so intense, it looks yellowish in the presence of light because it's emitting its glow constantly.
Glow-On colors:
9/10- Yellow,Green, Aqua.
8/10- Orange.
7/10- Red and blue. The red is more of a reddish orange.

Glow-On colors have a specific day light color and that lowers the glow by a degree because they filter such color from the daylight spectrum.
So there is a compromise which is not a bad thing, every intelligent decision involves compromise.

I would recommend Glow-Original if the glow is the most important factor involved.
For a good balance between color and glow: Yellow and green are favorites.

In any case for some reason, the blue keeps flying off the shelves constantly and it's very popular as well as aqua.

Keep in mind red is not a "firetruck red" is more of a deep orange and the glow is a bit strange, like green.

Visit us here:
Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
Official Site Vendor

Available colors for gun sights for better target acquisition

Here is a reminder of the several combinations with which Glow-On can be purchased.

We found purple is not bright enough for gun sights so it's no longer available
If one wants to use two colors to paint front and rear sights, the brightest color should be applied to the front sight which is were our eyesight will concentrate.

Every vial has a small dot of paint on the top to better evaluate the products possibilities. The dot is made exactly from the same paint inside the vial. Please stir before use.

One can see how thick the application should be by looking at this small dot.

Visit us here:
Old 09-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
Official Site Vendor

Before we do anything to our firearm do a safety check for our life.

The most most important step before one starts a Glow-On application, or, are you planning to do some work on a firearm, however small that job should be, We do a safety check on that firearm.

For our family, for our life, for our friends, for our cause, for whatever we hold dear.

While we don't pretend to experts on every firearm, we do care about gun safety. And by that we don't mean the safety lever on that gun.
Every weapon might has a different procedure but in the end the result has to be the same: No ammo in the gun and no ammo in the room. PERIOD.
We read the owner's manual that came with our weapon when you bought it, if we don't have one, we contact the manufacturer.

An empty chamber can can't accidentally fire a round and the ammunition outside the room will find it very difficult to go back inside that firearm we are working on.
If we need a round in it, we use a dummy round, saving $10.00 on some fake rounds is not worth one's life.
We do a safety check several times a day, every time we grab a firearm, every time we hand a firearm to a friend, every time we put that firearm into the safety. It makes us look good, like we know something, and it will add more days to our life.

The first part of the following video explains some of it.

Be safe, live long

[video=youtube;80P2-jkdoHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80P2-jkdoHU&feature=share&list=UUi08TLMS1xZioE3 aYSYykEA[/video]

Visit us here:
Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #25
Official Site Vendor

Gun sights paint, how much do I need?

Quote:
Used 2 Drops Didn't Need Such A Large Bottle Maybe Use As Halloween Nail Polish!
Buy what you need, if you need more come back and get it. We are going to be at the market stall for awhile.
For most gun sight need a small vial will do. fishing lures will take a lot more.

We test constantly against every other similar product often and we guarantee you're getting the brightest goo available.
Please use the contact for in our website for comments and questions

Thanks for your support

Visit us here:
Old 10-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
Official Site Vendor

Luminous gun sights paint for a backyard scan.

Quote:
Haven't used my glow on for a while and now when I go to use it I see that
it has hardened quite a bit in the bottle. Can I loosen it up with some water or
something else?

This happens as the water content in the small bottle evaporates and the mix seizes , which it's intended to do while it dries.
This happens to any kind of paint over a period of time, specially if the jar, can, vial, is very small or if the amounts of paint are very small.

To solve this issue we just add a couple of drops of water and the mix will re-acquire the paint consistency, that is creamy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, yesterday we installed new security lights and cameras outside a friends house and we took some photos with a couple of sidearms. We were trying to simulate what our Glow-On enhanced gun sights would look while we scanned the area.

Of course in the presence of bright light Glow-On initial glow is not incredible. In any case, we were happily surprised to see our product performing very well while we walked for several minutes around the area.
Needles to say, we exposed the gun sights to the small 6 LED pocket flashlights we all carry in our pockets. But, only for a period of about five seconds.

Visit us here:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #27
Official Site Vendor

How to take care of your paint

Quote:
I opened my vial of paint after just 6 months and it's almost dry. What can I do to fix this?
Paint has the tendency to dry up in very small containers. The change in humidity, temperature and atmospheric pressure will dry your paint inside the small vial.
To counteract this tendency:
Add a few drops of water at a time and stir until it recovers its creamy texture. If it's completely dry, a new vial is in order.

How to take care of your paint:
After every use, add some clean water on top of the paint left inside. Don't mix it at this point, just close the vial and sore it standing on its base .
Next time you use it, spill the excess of water, stir again and you are ready to paint.

Done this way, your small vial will last for a long time.

Glow-on will not come off your clothes. Wash immediately with soap and water.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com

Amazon.com Amazon.com

eBay

Visit us here:
Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #28
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Do I really need to apply a transparent varnish on top of the sights? It looks good to me just like that, without it.

Glow-On has a bit of tooth after it dries. It becomes evident after a few days when the synthetic media shrinks around the glow particles which have different sizes.
It feels a bit like sand paper.
The transparent nail varnish adds a very smooth surface which will not hold dust, or gun powder particles. In fact all one has to do is to rub a paper towel over it and the sooth is gone.

Quote:
Does it have to be nail polish stuff, can I find something better at the hardware store?
There are options, nothing below the US30.00 mark is better than a good quality vial of nail polish ( US3.00-5.00 )

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #29
Official Site Vendor

One can make glow-dots with Glow-On Super Phosphorescent.

Quote:
You made some 1/16" dots for a friend of mine. Is there a way I can purchase some larger dots at your website? I' having problems focusing on the small dots on my gun sights. Thanks
You and me both, those 1/16" dots are tiny and trying to align them translates more often than not, in a few inches off mark at 15'.
Let me be clear , we are not talking self defense here, self defense is as close as it gets, as scary as it gets, and the sights are for the most part superfluous.
We are talking range shooting.

Now, the making of dots is time consuming, that's why the guys who sell the dots offer just a few for the same price of a small vial of Glow-On.

Here is the solution: We make the dots over our gun sights with Glow-On. A white field (white dots, white paint , etc.) will help as it reflects the glow.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On is an improvement.

Most everything in life can be customized.
Most custom works are about improving over something already established.
It's true one could just replace ones gun sights with tritium, a scope, a laser.
But, what if one just can't?

Well, I'm here to tell you, it can be done with Glow-On.\

What if, at one point in time you need to align a shot and you need to improvise?
What if Glow-On is already there for you? On your sights.

I'm not promising you are going to love it, (some do), or you are going to need it or use it every time.
it is nonetheless, an improvement.

If it's not for you, no problem let me know and I'll reimburse your payment, no questions asked.

Thousands are already using it.
If you'd like to have some, come and get it here.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On

Search tags for this page
applying night sight paint
dots for gun sights glue
front sight paint square forum

glow paint for gun sights

glow paint for pistol sights

glow sight paint

glow-on gun sight paint

glow-on self adhesive

gun sight glow paint

gun sight paint

how to design rifle sights
how to paint glow,gun sights
how+to+apply+glow+on+iron sights

paint for gun sights

sight glo hints
sight paint glow
Click on a term to search for related topics.