• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glow-On Super Phosphorescent #1 gun sights paint

This is a discussion on Glow-On Super Phosphorescent #1 gun sights paint within the Glow-On forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Originally Posted by JBubbs I'll give it another shot, the surface was definitely dry. I probably have to dilute it. You should sell it in ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On » Glow-On Super Phosphorescent #1 gun sights paint

Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #71
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 46956
Please test your Glow-On before you apply it to your firearm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBubbs View Post
I'll give it another shot, the surface was definitely dry. I probably have to dilute it. You should sell it in some sort of syringe of sorts to fill in the dots on pistol sights.
Please don't dilute it, it will make the binder weak.
If you
We tried ried fine nozzle bottler and syringes, they clog leading to waste.
There are big particles in the mix.

On a completely different note.

Before you paint your gun sights, you'll want to know what exactly this product does, right?
Postpone the job for a few days and try this:

Test #1:
Put a few dots over any old shirt that you still like to wear. Especially if the shirt is the same you usually wear when you go to bed.
-When you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, what do you see?
-If you're married what does your wife say about it?
*Glow-On will never come off fabric; it dries like a hard synthetic concrete.

Test #2:
Put a tiny dot of paint inside the kitchen sink. After just a few minutes, it will be waterproof. (don't try scratching it off just yet)
-When you go to the kitchen in the middle of the night what do you see?
-What does you wife say?
*try scratching it off the sink a week later, almost impossible.

Test #3:
Paint a tiny, tiny dot over your pillow cover and wait for your wife's reaction.
I don't suggest using your wife's pillow cover, you're going to get a reaction for sure.
*Make sure it's an old pillow cover or be ready to sleep in the doghouse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Visit us here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Gatopardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #72
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80501
I haven't read all the replies, but what if the gun isn't exposed to any light?? Say it stays in a bedside safe until needed, will the sight dots still shine??
b.dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #73
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.dawson View Post
I haven't read all the replies, but what if the gun isn't exposed to any light?? Say it stays in a bedside safe until needed, will the sight dots still shine??
Install blacklight leds in there.

**Posted from my Moto Charm using Tapatalk**
Backup Carry Weapon: Taurus Tracker 44Mag Snubnose
Non Lethal Carry: Sabre Red Crossfire 1.3%
Flashlight Carry: Streamlight Strion 74301
Carry Knife: Buck PakLite Skinner

divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #74
Official Site Vendor

To Glow-On: But what if the gun isn't exposed to any light??

Quote:

This is a conundrum: If the gun is in the safe, an individual wouldn't be able to use it.

This is going to be such an improbable thing to happen, but, if so happens, an individual is being attacked in the middle of the night by an armed intruder, he's going to wish his gun is by his side, glow-on or not.

If the gun is under the lamp at the same time such individual turned the lights off.......Then he has an edge, because he'll be able to align a shot at that threat, right?????

Visit us here:
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #75
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80501
Ok, well my gun isn't in a safe but in a loose pouch at bedside. I was just saying bedside safe since I figured that would be a little darker then the pouch it's in.
b.dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #76
Official Site Vendor

Regular iron sights or white dots, don't glow, Glow-On does.

Quote:
Ok, well my gun isn't in a safe but in a loose pouch at bedside. I was just saying bedside safe since I figured that would be a little darker then the pouch it's in.
Here's the deal, the best person to answer this is you b.dawson.
Please send a PM with your location and I'll deliver a free sample of the Glow-On so you can try it first hand.

Glow-On has an initial glow that's very intense, at this sage is visible even in the presence of soft light.Then it sinks into a soft whitish glow that can be perceived in complete darkness and "if" our sight is adapted to the dark.

These are the facts.
Is not a suit for every occasion.

But frankly, take a firearm equipped with plain iron sights and go out the backyard, in the dark.
Take the same firearm after you applied the Glow-On and tell me if notice any difference apply the Glow-On and tell me if you notice any difference.

one can argue that there are better things out there.
For this price?
With this simplicity?

NO

You can find Glow-On here:
Find Glow-On here:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #77
Official Site Vendor

Gun sights paint: 10% coupon today and tomorrow

We have a new shopping cart to make streamline the purchase process.
to celebrate , today and tomorrow ( January 20 and 21st 2013):

Enter this coupon: GLOWON for a a 10 % discount
Only thru our website.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #78
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 78156
Just placed an order for a small vial of the original color. I want to add it to the sights on my CC gun.

Whats the best storage option for the paint that isn't used to get it to last the longest?

9/11/01 - Never Forget
MikeyLikesCarbonFiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #79
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84897
I am considering Glow-On for the front sight post of a mosin nagant. Since it appears the paint will cover the entire visible area of the front sight post I want to choose a color which will not wash out in daylight against a variety of backgrounds such as green leaves or grass, brown leaves or dirt, and bright white snow in the winter. Which color would you recommended?
xrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #80
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84426
Do you have to dig out the original white dots on your sights? I am seriously considering getting the original 10/10 color for my brand new XDM 40 but everyone at my range keeps telling me to just try nail polish. I don't really want to put nail polish on my brand new gun.

Has anyone in SE Connecticut tried this?? If so Please PM me. I'm willing to pay for an hour of range time just to look down the sights of your gun.

Ryan
Ryhman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On

Search tags for this page
best night glow gun sight paint
glow on for sights

glow paint for gun sights

gun sight paint

night sight paint
paint for gun sights
painting gun sigjhts
painting pistol sights blue?
phosphorescent night glow sight paint
quality of phosphorescent paint sight
sight paint for pistols
sight painting
Click on a term to search for related topics.