• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glow-On Super Phosphorescent #1 gun sights paint

This is a discussion on Glow-On Super Phosphorescent #1 gun sights paint within the Glow-On forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Just like anyone else, I guess, I have some old T-shirts I've refused to let go. All of them have splatters of Glow-On and some ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On » Glow-On Super Phosphorescent #1 gun sights paint

Old 12-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #51
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 46956
Gun sights paint that will last for a long time

Just like anyone else, I guess, I have some old T-shirts I've refused to let go.
All of them have splatters of Glow-On and some date back 3 years, they get washed very frequently.
Still, then phosphorescent paint will not go away.
When I go to bed in the night, the glow is there, all night long.
Unabashed and relentless.

Glow-On works

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Visit us here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Gatopardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #52
Official Site Vendor

So you're telling me not to buy tritium sights?

Here is the idea:
Lets imagine one of our firearms as it is with regular standard mil spec iron sights or dot, etc.

Now lets imagine we can make them glow at will, sometimes perhaps, if we need to.
Without shelling a bundle of money to replace the gun sights the weapon came equipped originally.

That's exactly the original idea of this product.
Something to assist you with your primary tool.

Quote:
So you're telling me not to buy tritium sights or fiber optics at all and instead buy your product?
Not at all. If you need to replace your sights, please do.
Again, The original idea was to create a product to make your existing gun sights glow at will.

And of course all one has to do is:
Just paint the glow on them.

And of course is made in the USA

Visit us here:
Old 12-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #53
Official Site Vendor

the mound you are using to lay your tent is an ant mound.

If you ever go hiking and happen to arrive to the rest area after dark.
If you're exhausted and hungry and then just to make things interesting , it starts to rain.
If then you have to rush and try to put a tent together, one of those made of small tubes.
Working in the dark because the darn lamp is lost in the dark, nothing to be found to make use of it.
Then you realize the mound you are using to lay your tent is an ant mound.

Soaked and wet, hungry, prostrated under a bush, using the the silk of your tent as a only cover, a few ants still giving you hell, you'll wish at least the small jar with water proof matches would glow or something so that you could at least and against all odds turn the tide if even one bit on your favor.

Not impossible, it happened to me once, in my early outdoor years.
If you are an outdoors man you know how this is how the story goes sometimes.

Believe me, if you ever need it you'll be happy you have some.

Please support our local economy and lets keep our dollars home.
Glow-On is made in the USA.
Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 12-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #54
Official Site Vendor

Gun sights paint update

We are always improving over what we have already.

The main reason is when one is the leader of the pack there is very little time to take a break or else .

So we present our all new A+ Self adhesive super phosphorescent film.
As of today the brightest glow available .

The size has changed a bit because the cost doubled just as the glow did.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #55
Official Site Vendor

Some uses f0or the new Glow-On Self adhesive A+

Some of us guys are into music too right?
If you are having to buy picks constantly because they simply disappear.
I found a solution with The A+ Self adhesive, just turn the lights off and there they are.

To keep this post relevant, please notice the Sig on top of the guitar

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 12-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #56
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On ..what is the best glow in the dark night sites for my s&w 357 Sig

Quote:
A question what is the best glow in the dark night sites for my s&w 357 Sig? hand guns. how
long will it stay on? will work on my old guns? thanks

If you're a tactical,operator and are planning to go out shooting all night long, I'd tell you the best night sights for your pistol is tritium if you can find a set. if your job include urban warfare in day time I'd recommend Glow-On over tritium all the way and this is why:

For anything else, Glow-On will do can double as night sights if you can charge it first with a small LED tactical lamp. But its main purpose is during daylight, ant that's because it eases the transition between bright and dark areas, maintaining the visibility on your sights while you browse around and/or in case you need to take cove under a car, around a corner etc. and align a shot at the same time.

This is a more possible scenario than having to have to face a challenge in complete dark.

For home protection, if you left your gun by your side during the night and you need to align a shot, you'll be able to catch your sights as long as you keep the lights off.

I'd recommend Glow-On Super Phosphorescent Original, or Glow-On Colors Yellow or Green which are good colors for daylight.
Old guns will benefit more since there is no chance to get anything else

Unlike other manufacturers who misleadingly advertise their products like: "Better than tritium", or "used by Special forces around the world"!!!
All we have to say is this:
Glow-On is premium gun sights paint, the brightest glow paint for professionals available.
Glow-On initial glow is greater that that of tritium. Glow-On glows fades progressively with time and tritium glow, however faint stays constant.

Glow-On is made in the USA.
Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 12-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #57
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 83597
Gato...please post vid of this stuff holding up against bore cleaners and lube.
I would like to see before and after.
silvabaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #58
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvabaQ View Post
Gato...please post vid of this stuff holding up against bore cleaners and lube.
I would like to see before and after.
I'll try to post a video soon. At one point in time we tested the product on some professional lawnmowers, not directly on the block but close grass, mud, rain, dust, etc. it lasted...still there.

Visit us here:
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #59
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 83597
Okay...good to know.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #60
Official Site Vendor

Happy and safe new year

If I didn't say it before before HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

This has been mentioned hundreds of times before, but I'll mention it again as it can't be mentioned often enough:

Extreme caution should be observed when handling a firearm.
Before any maintenance procedure on any firearm please do follow a safety check and ensure there is no ammo in the room and none else is present.

Just in case here's roughly what a safety check looks like:

Visit us here:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On

Search tags for this page
best night glow gun sight paint
glow on for sights

glow paint for gun sights

gun sight paint

night sight paint
paint for gun sights
painting gun sigjhts
painting pistol sights blue?
phosphorescent night glow sight paint
quality of phosphorescent paint sight
sight paint for pistols
sight painting
Click on a term to search for related topics.